Workshop Flooring - Laminate????

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another thing that I found worked well - install a 16A (or 32A) floor circuit with floor boxes for centrally placed machinery. Gets rid of cable trip hazards.

Hmmm. A neat solution, but could it also work against you?
Floor sockets can 'dedicate' where your machines go, restricting future changes in workshop layout, or even if you simply want to move stuff temporarily for extra working space.

They could possibly end up being more of a trip hazard than trailing leads don't you think?

Hi
My solution for the sockets is to put them on the ceiling or rafters whichever is appropiate. This way they are wherever you want them without the problem of trailing leads.

All the best
John

Thanks to all. I have gone for 3/4" T&G Birch Exterior grade ply over a 1" expanded poly. base.

Good so far. I would like to seal the floor to a) allow for easy clean up and b) protect to some extent against minor spills. However, I would really like to keep the birch visible but the surface safe.

So, what is clear, easy to apply and preferable not cost the earth?

With thanks to all on this excellent forum.

PS - Have we started the Ally Pally meet list yet. I had hoped to meet you all at the APTC show last time but got to Terry's stand too late (the bags were slowing progress through the crowds!!!)

Forgive me for coming in late on this topic.

Another possibility would have been stable flooring. The only good picture I can find at the moment is from a gym kit site, but what they are selling is stable flooring. Please ignore the idiotic price they are quoting! The rubber is 17mm thick and is 6'x4'.

http://gymratz.co.uk/weight-training-gym-equipment/item394.htm

I have seen such matting for sale elsewhere for about £35 per 6'x4' sheet. My intention is to put a few sheets around my workbench and to use it in a an area (12' x 8') of my workshop set aside for the weight-training kit.

Sounds a great idea to me! Not too expensive either.

Ike

Back