worksharp 3000 buying advice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for digging up old thread but for anyone who's got one of these, where did you buy it?!

Struggling to find a UK seller.

No worries about digging up and old thread and I'm sorry I've raised your hopes. It looks as if it's no longer available in the UK. What a pain. You can still get it in the States, I believe.

Aw....

I haven’t event got any gear or become fully invested in one particular method but I already hate sharpening!

Love mine, simple to use, quick and effective. I've just brought diamond lapping plates for it from EBay. Very nice a d quicker than coarse paper for primary bevels, finish with 0.5micron paste on the honing wheel does it for me.

I made a flat base that sits level with the glass wheel so I can use a guide and get a tiny camber on my plane blades.

Work in a busy workshop and wouldn't be without it. You won't buy anything else if you invest.

Have a Tormek if anybody wants one as ours is just gathering dust.

Ring Rutlands they come into stock every now and again. They still sell the drill bit sharpeners

For what its worth brilliant tool, I think I have had mine 8 years, I don't get a lot of time in my workshop and the time i do get i prefer to use making not sharpening.

Back