Working in a small workshop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, I'll bite, what's a tardis?
Since I note you're in the US I don't suppose we can take that as read. It's the space ship and time machine in the long running BBC series Doctor Who. Despite its abilities to travel through space and time when something is compared to the TARDIS the property generally alluded to is that it is bigger inside than out.

Tardis on the outside looked like a police telephone box. I looked up how they worked

A police box is a public telephone kiosk or callbox for the use of members of the police, or for members of the public to contact the police. It was used in the United Kingdom throughout the 20th century from the early 1920s.[1] Unlike an ordinary callbox, its telephone was located behind a hinged door so it could be used from the outside, and the interior of the box was, in effect, a miniature police station for use by police officers to read and fill in reports, take meal breaks and even temporarily hold detainees until the arrival of transport.

Here is a picture

8BB439DA-E59E-4B82-AE7A-75B7CDD1B1DA.jpeg

How well does a rail stay work with rails the are clamped in the middle to get length? IE a pair of 55"/1400mm tracks. Does the track sag at the joint causing a dippy (technical term) cutline?

Being limited to 18mm or more thick material reduces the usefulness too.

Pete

Since I note you're in the US I don't suppose we can take that as read. It's the space ship and time machine in the long running BBC series Doctor Who. Despite its abilities to travel through space and time when something is compared to the TARDIS the property generally alluded to is that it is bigger inside than out.
Thank you. I've never heard the term before. I do recall the James Bond movie by the name "Dr. No" but no other references to it.

Back