Woops!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BB - me, I'm laughing like a drain .....just told my SWIMBO, who was clearly not amused and said and I quote ...'he ought to be castrated' :shock:, which I thought was a trifling harsh - Rob

woodbloke":3t6b78jx said:
BB - me, I'm laughing like a drain .....just told my SWIMBO, who was clearly not amused and said and I quote ...'he ought to be castrated' :shock:, which I thought was a trifling harsh - Rob

Maybe Byron's first project should be a nice box to keep them in. :lol:

Paul Chapman wrote:

........it's in the memory bank

Paul - it'll be in the arguments section of BB's other half's memory bank and he's going to end up paying compound interest on it for ever and a day :lol: - Rob

I think i'm good on this one as i've plenty of favours lined up for her - namely the two greenhouses, building of a veg plot, and doing extra overtime to take her away, so I think i've got away with this one.

Besides, it was my car that I sold - that'll be my main argument if it ever comes up again.

ByronBlack":28xconkg said:
SWMBO knows!

And.... she's cool with it. I've arranged two months worth of overtime at work, so i'll easily cover the cost and we'll be jetting of on our summer hols this year with no problems.

I'm taking my wife and daughter to Devon for a weeks hols this summer.

What she doesn't know is that I'll be spending the week in Hartland with Mr. C and they'll be entertaining themselves.
:lol:

Playing around on ebay should carry a health warning.

I did the same thing just after Christmas when I bid on a brand new, boxed and warranted, TS2500Ci with a 2m sliding table and a bunch of table extensions.

I said to SWMBO, “if that sells for less than £1200 then it’s the bargain of the century.” So she told me to bid and, I guess, assumed I’d fail like I did with every other item I’d bid on. So that evening, with 20 minutes to go on the auction I watched and then bid in the last few minutes and won.

£1125 well spent I thought. Sadly, SWMBO didn’t agree and didn’t remember urging me on to bid for it in the first place. She wouldn’t even help me carry the main saw body up the garden to my workshop.

jyates":377df7id said:
£1125 well spent I thought. Sadly, SWMBO didn’t agree and didn’t remember urging me on to bid for it in the first place. She wouldn’t even help me carry the main saw body up the garden to my workshop.

That called a selective memory, which the two females in my house have problems with :roll: :wink: ( 8 and 39 years old ).

Make her something beautiful ASAP after getting the P/T (Jewellery box perhaps?)

Nice idea....I'm sure there's also other tools in the box you can win her over with :wink: , otherwise it's been nice knowing you an all but.... :lol:

Nice win - hope you live to enjoy it!

Ike

BB, I know if I'd done what you did then the only box I'd be getting to make would be one about 6' long with handles on the side and a screw down lid!

And if the reaction of my wife was to be 'cool' about it then I would be seriously worried - as others have said, sooner or later there is likely to be pay back time that no end of greenhouses or vegetable plots will diminish. I think a more likely reaction from most wives - however loving and tolerant - would still be cool, but cool as in glacial.

BTW- I hope that the floor is good and solid in in your workshop :shock:

Back