A brief history of shed.....my version

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Putting the post together was another opportunity to review where it had all started from. I am pleased in a nice kinda way with the eventual result. Picking up on some of the earlier comments:
Had a whole lot of materials left over from doing the internals of the house. :wink: Obvious to see where it wound up. Actually the additional material cost to finish the internals is not very significant if you do the work yourself. Just takes time. The only thing I bought in was the laminate floor from B&Q which they has on special and worked out at less than £4.50 per sq m laid. At the time, that was by a country mile the cheapest thing I could find to cover the floor, with the added benefit that it cleans very easily and machines get repositioned with ease. Have also found it to be reasonably durable. The downside is trying to use hand planes etc. You slide around too.
Obviously the shed was ‘cleaned up' for the photo’s. However would like to think that it doesn’t get very dirty; or at least not from dust and chips. I have invested a lot of effort in making sure that the majority of this particular nuisance gets picked up at source / filtered out of the air. IMHO, you got to be careless of just plain darned unlucky to loose a finger on the TS or router etc. But sure as the grass is green, continuous exposure to dust, especially at the concentrations that can be run up in a hobby shop will eventually kill you (or at least seriously screw up your health). This is why even more efficient dust extraction is one of the biggest issues in any plans for a new workshop.

And Lee

You can never have enough clamps. that together with work space.

regards all

SC

Latest posts

Back