Woody HM160 planer thicknesser (Luna)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bookman

Established Member
Reaction score
I have just aquired this little machine which is 16 years old, but in perfect condition. It makes a surprisingly good job of soft and hardwood despite it's tiny size. The main drawback is that I don't have a chippings extractor for it so chippings sre all over the place. I am wondering if anyone has (or had) one of these machines that had the extractor hood, and maybe it is now unwanted. If so would you like to sell it?

Thanks,
Graham

Many thanks halken, that's brilliant. I have contacted NMA who are ordering the part (I also ordered a new set of knives while I was at it).

Thanks again for the info and your quick response - this forum is a goldmine.

Best regards,
Graham

How much have they said the chippings extractor will be i made a one myself out of ply but if its not to dear i would buy the proper one

The chip extractor is £13.23 + VAT. + £3.00 for post and packing. they are having to order one for me as they are out of stock, but expect delivery by the end of next week, so maybe it would be as well to order one while they are getting them in.

I hope this doesn't mean you've been using the thicknesser with the cutter block exposed and un-guarded until now?!? :shock:

:wink:

No there is a sliding cover over the blades and you expose only the thickness of the wood you are plaining , in thickneser mode it covers the blades completly and the chips come through the cover

Back