Wood Thicknessing

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yetloh":36rxaywd said:
RogerS":36rxaywd said:
yetloh":36rxaywd said:
It's not so much loss of thickness but the incredible ability to create two banana shaped pieces from something that was, at least, nominally straight.

It can happen but is certainly not inevitable. Often it is a consequence of varying moisture content through the board which will correct itself if the wood is allowed to equalise its moisture content.

Jim

Not inevitable but highly likely if you use the woods that I currently do. Varying moisture content is not the reason. Simply stresses in the wood being released.

As the money you make is going to charity I would have thought there is an endless supply of timber out there for you. I have two planks of ash 3.5m x400 mmx38mm and they are surplus.... problem is you will need to pick them up from here.

Anyone else got surplus timber for this good cause?

sue denim":ljsvg4vc said:
As the money you make is going to charity I would have thought there is an endless supply of timber out there for you. I have two planks of ash 3.5m x400 mmx38mm and they are surplus.... problem is you will need to pick them up from here.

Anyone else got surplus timber for this good cause?

South west France.........sounds ripe for a holiday :lol:

I will put a picture or 2 in project folder just to show off my woodworking so far, so much to learn :)

Bernie

Back