WiZeR's Workbench

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well WiZer, that says it all for me!
as far as I am concerned,national health insurance is taken at source from your wage, you don't have a choice in this matter, to me it's an insurance policy, so when you say to your insurance company I need to invoke my policy they have no choice but to agree to their part of the contract subject to a survey of course,.
so, whats different about the NHS,well, they can't deliver because there are to many people who are not contributing to the system and are depriving the tax paying public of having their insurance policy realised.
Having said that, get well soon.
regards, Rich.

ps. would it be possible to change your name to lower case, it would make it easier on my finger.

Rich":55i5vz2r said:
ps. would it be possible to change your name to lower case, it would make it easier on my finger.

That might not be a bad idea...

I agree with you about the NHS, not sure I have the solution though. Not thought about it tbh. I earn a good wage and it's time I invested in my health (or maybe i'll buy more tools and put up with it :D ).

OPJ":55i5vz2r said:
Maybe you should take a stack of woodworking magazines with you next time, just in case history repeats itself! :wink: :D

Hehe Actually I took a collection of 8 woody mags (thanks SteveM for fww). I also took 6 episodes of NYW and 8 episodes of This Old House for my PDA. I got through them all within 3 days. I couldn't concentrate much in there. It was a very stressful environment. The bed was a few inches too short so I didn't get much sleep either!

Ironically I couldn't sleep in my own bed last night, looking forward to getting back to normal sleep habits tonight. (and not being woken up at 3am to check my blood pressure!).

hi all, very new to this forum.
i was wondering if anyone can help me with building a workbench.
i have plenty of plans but its breaking out components from the timber.
what would be the best wood and also the best tools.

many thanks

divman":kyx2be1e said:
hi all, very new to this forum.
i was wondering if anyone can help me with building a workbench.
i have plenty of plans but its breaking out components from the timber.
what would be the best wood and also the best tools.

many thanks

Hi Divman , welcome to ukw, take a look at olly (OPJ)s blog , he's building a very nice one at the moment and has a step by step on there.

Hi divman, welcome,

Another good source is BugBear's workbenches pages, which has lots of useful links:
http://www.geocities.com/plybench/bench.html
A lot of these are classics, and as well as plans, often follow through the process of building, so may give you ideas on processing your timber.

Good luck :)
Boz

check out Chris Schwarz's workbenches book:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Workbenches-Des ... 761&sr=8-1

WorkbenchesCover2.jpg

I found it a very good read, it highloighted a lot of important design features that I hadnt even thought of. Plus, it gives step by step instructions for two types of benches.

When I finally get a permanent work space, Im looking forward to building a chunky Roubo style bench from the book :)

Divman- would you mind changing your aviator for one different to BSM - it confuses the hell out of me!

Thanks

Miles

miles_hot":1vnjd7jr said:
Divman- would you mind changing your aviator for one different to BSM - it confuses the hell out of me!

Thanks

Miles

dont worry div , i'll be changing mine shortly - just as soon as i get round to photographing my big soft moose in the workshop ;)

Back