Kitchen build. Timber ceiling and walnut cabinets.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just finished ceiling couple weeks ago. Starting on cabinets this week. Walnut just got delivered for the sequenced drawers and doors.
Ceiling was made with 12mm plywood. Used track saw set to for nicklegap effect. Ripped a couple strips of ply to 150mm width and my combination square blades fit perfectly into the kerfs so was able to use them and plywood strips as spacers for my track and the repeat cuts. Funky ridge beam detail meant I couldn't really scribe the beam boxes like I normally would so I had to fill gaps along ceiling with thin ripped shims, caulk, and putty. Sprayed ceiling with 2 coats of General Finish sanding sealer white. 2 coats F&B dimity white. Still need to do the skylight reveals and some scribe molding where the wall and ceiling meet. Find cabinet building to be a bit boring, but excited to mill through all the walnut.
tempImageNpAIpX.jpg

Attachments

• tempImageL7qHxS.png
    tempImageL7qHxS.png
    13.3 MB · Views: 0
  • tempImage4Fop4U.png
    tempImage4Fop4U.png
    13 MB · Views: 0
  • tempImagerkfm4c.png
    tempImagerkfm4c.png
    12.9 MB · Views: 0
  • tempImageuEdx1t.png
    tempImageuEdx1t.png
    12.8 MB · Views: 0
  • tempImageo1UEtE.png
    tempImageo1UEtE.png
    13.3 MB · Views: 0
  • tempImageGdqhuY.png
    tempImageGdqhuY.png
    13.1 MB · Views: 0
  • tempImagerjCJs3.png
    tempImagerjCJs3.png
    9 MB · Views: 0
  • tempImage0lNVaR.png
    tempImage0lNVaR.png
    15.7 MB · Views: 0
  • walnut kitchen.pdf
    313.5 KB · Views: 0
Cabinets are all in. Countertops as well. Laid the tng flooring last week as well as all the plumbing for the kitchen island. Finished floor with Rubio 5%mist, I think it preserves natural color of the oak better than the pure.

love it.......
need to know what the rest of the house is lke.....
I’m very behind on rest of the house.
I’ve finished plumbing finally. Tiling and electrics are all done as well. We’re finally on to what I’m good at and enjoy: I love doing trim carpentry.

Green nursery still needs picture frame wainscoting and crown moulding(coving).

Did stain grade ash skirting in our guest room as well as an ash window board to match. Still haven’t fit the ash coving or chair rail(dado rail).

I made some custom door casing 60s Americana style (architrave) from poplar for the doors in the hallway.

Attachments

• IMG_1303.jpeg
    IMG_1303.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1302.jpeg
    IMG_1302.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1428.png
    IMG_1428.png
    8.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1230.jpeg
    IMG_1230.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Finally getting around to fitting cabinet doors. Sequenced walnut. Sliding dovetails in the back to keep everything relatively flat. In the process of milling up some custom handles.
IMG_2331.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2330.jpeg
    IMG_2330.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2221.jpeg
    IMG_2221.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Back