WIP - Box for the box comp.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SteveF":2hgzvcsl said:
Hi Richard

what are those clamps please?

any good ?

Steve

Hi Steve, Carl has identified the clamps. I also use wurth box clamps on large panels as well. So in a little way I am spoilt for choice.

i nearly choked at the price of them

i guess u get what u pay for

i need some new clamps

have the usual f clamps but need something a bit "meatier"...is that a real word ?

Steve

SteveF":grje29re said:
i nearly choked at the price of them

i guess u get what u pay for

i need some new clamps

have the usual f clamps but need something a bit "meatier"...is that a real word ?

Steve
You could try the K clamps baby brother.

http://www.axminster.co.uk/bessey-uniklamps

Not as heavy duty, but are lighter and cheaper. I'm happy with my 300/600mm ones. :)

I also have a batch of the uniclamps in the 600mm size. They are light weight compared to the hugely expensive big brothers but I like them and they are my 'go to' clamp.
The thing that pussles me is why anyone buys the 300mm version which were a few coppers dearer when I brought mine.

Grahamshed":1v33yi1o said:
I also have a batch of the uniclamps in the 600mm size. They are light weight compared to the hugely expensive big brothers but I like them and they are my 'go to' clamp.
The thing that pussles me is why anyone buys the 300mm version which were a few coppers dearer when I brought mine.
I bought the 300mm ones as i use one at either end of doors while planing edges/ hinge fitting etc. Working out of a car i don't have space for loads of different things, so i double/triple up on items for various uses. :)

So my partner says to me the other day.... not knowing who's making what for the board challenge. ...

"I Could really do with a writing slope for the study, any chance you can knock something up at some point"! ! :evil:

Best keep your workshop locked when yours is finished :lol:

So with less than a week to go, I thought I would share the next installement with you all. It is not going to win any beauty competitions as will be vennering this after the comp so it looks naff at present.

Home made drum sander...hehehe. Just flattening the ends to seure that there is no wobble :)

Making sure the endges come together cleanly.

Attaching the top and bottom (the bits that sit on the table top when in use. These will be veneered after this comp so in no way are they finished yet.

All that remains of my board, some resawing of the thicker pieces

Anyhow, thats all for now a little more updating during the week.

Back