Winter storage ideas

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuckinthemud

Established Member
Reaction score
My better half doesn’t like my projects filling up the house but my damp and unheated single skin garage workshop is not good for complex inlays using animal glues. I’ve invested in bubble wrap, any suggestions on additional layers of protection against the elements?

Would the vacuum clothing storage bags work….you don’t have to pull the full vacuum. All done with the hose from a domestic cleaner.

My better half doesn’t like my projects filling up the house but my damp and unheated single skin garage workshop is not good for complex inlays using animal glues. I’ve invested in bubble wrap, any suggestions on additional layers of protection against the elements?
Make her a nice jewellery box.

Insulate the garage and invest in one of those camper van type Chinese diesel heaters. Better for working in and better for your tools and equipment in the long run..

A dssicant type dehumidifier is surprisingly helpful.
They add about 350W of heat and mine pulls 1-2litres of water out of the air each time i run it on the 2hr timer. This tylically drops the humidity by 10 to 15%. Eg 85% humidity down to low 70's.
In a single brick garage I think it was a smarter buy than the 3kw fan heater.

Back