Why is my garage damp?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smckerrell

Reaction score
Hope you can help.

Recently moved house, simple 1980s concrete panel garage with concrete roof. No visible leaks inside and plenty of air flowing through garage.

Why am I getting such problems with damp? Wood is moulding, anything made of crappy steel rusting v fast. See pics of lathe and concrete roof pic showing some water I think?
1000013522.jpg

I can only suspect, 1) concrete roof is holding a lot of water and has been unable to dry out? 2) extremely damp autumn is just exceptional? Or 3) there is some sort of damp coming from somewhere not immediately visible?

Any suggestions welcome. Am considering re roofing but am concerned this won't solve it!

Hope you can help

Simon.
20240112_210146.jpg
20240112_210137.jpg
1000013526.jpg

It be all 3 and more , if you don’t have have water actually leaking in from the roof then everything from condensation to water ingress through ghe concrete panel joints , the floor is unlikely to have a dpm or damp course , I guess it’s unheated which won’t help .. sounds mad but wait for the next downpour and scrutinise the roof / the panels and the floor . Also can’t help notice that part of your roof is asbestos and apart from the obvious health risks these corrugated panels can have hairline cracks . Hope this helps ..

Back