Who's a happy bunney now then!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
scrimper":2fhbpvel said:
scrimper":2fhbpvel said:
The Hegner quick clamp is way over priced IMHO but it is also essential, once you have used one you will find it indispensable.

I use my quick clamp all the time with my Hegner, I never use a normal top clamp.

If you only buy one Hegner accessory make certain it is the Quick clamp!

I think I must be invisible! :(

Don't take it to heart me old pal, the last post on a page often gets overlooked, but anyways, we'd already covered the quick clamp and moved on to the quick tensioner. ;)

scrimper":1f1xm9if said:
scrimper":1f1xm9if said:
The Hegner quick clamp is way over priced IMHO but it is also essential, once you have used one you will find it indispensable.

I use my quick clamp all the time with my Hegner, I never use a normal top clamp.

Never . . . . I think he was just excited following the links for the extras :wink:

When I bought my Hegner 2SV variable speed saw a few years ago it came with the quick release and quick clamp as standard (although I didn't have to pay £806 for it!!). Get BOTH of them if you can afford them, you won't regret it.

When threading a blade through the wood clamp it using the quick clamp (just a turn of the knob by hand. Then push the quick release tension lever backwards and you're good to go. The correct tension is automatically applied and you can start cutting straight away.

I cannot stress enough the time you'll save by using these two devices which gives you more time cutting (and enjoying yourself) and less time phaffing about connecting blades and resetting the tension.

Barry

scrimper":15ogyium said:
scrimper":15ogyium said:

Sorry Scrimper I had a delivery at the front door and lost all track of what I was doing lol. Thanks for the advice I will be getting a quick clamp.

Cheers

Graham

Thank you Barry, good to hear from somebody who uses both the clamp and tensioner. I'll have to wait for a while to get both thou funds are a little low at the moment after having a spending spree over the last few weeks lol.

Cheers

Graham

martinka":25bcuxck said:
Don't take it to heart me old pal, the last post on a page often gets overlooked, but anyways, we'd already covered the quick clamp and moved on to the quick tensioner. ;)

I only wondered if I was on some ignore lists since a comment I made a couple of weeks ago, I often make posts offering advice (probably not quality advice I admit) but no one comments and I thought I had caused some upset and been banished. :oops:

Hi Scrimper,

Your not on my ignore list and any advice good or bad is gratefully appreciated form me.

Many thanks

Graham

Graham.

Good to see a happy man, you will certainly enjoy using this saw. :wink:

We men and our toys. :roll:

Happy scroll sawing.

Chris R.

Just ordered the quick clamp and the dust extraction kit for my Hegner. Anybody got any idea how long it takes for delivery ???

Grayo":3s6xniel said:
Just ordered the quick clamp and the dust extraction kit for my Hegner. Anybody got any idea how long it takes for delivery ???

I ordered my Hegner part at the weekend and received it on Tuesday via Fed-ex, so I presume it's a next working day delivery service.
I was very happy to receive my parcel in quick time.

Roughcut":1mzgq1tu said:
Grayo":1mzgq1tu said:

I ordered my Hegner part at the weekend and received it on Tuesday via Fed-ex, so I presume it's a next working day delivery service.
I was very happy to receive my parcel in quick time.

Blimey that was quick so going by that it should arrive by Friday or knowing my luck Monday lol. I wanted to order the foot pedal as well but will have to wait for that until funds are available again lol given the old wallet a bashing the last few weeks.

On a side note I phoned one of the many pet stores around our area this afternoon and asked if they would be interested in buying any bird nesting boxes I have made. He sounded very positive and asked me to take a few down to show him on Friday, so we'll see what happens.

Graham.

I always purchase my blades from Hegner, and it is next day delivery, providing that the order was not placed late in the working day.
Good luck with the bird boxes.

Take care.

Chris R.

Thank you both, we'll see what happens with the bird boxes, he might say I got to pay him to sell them lol.

Re the Hegner order I placed the order about 2:30pm this afternoon so probably missed the postage for today. Never mind I'm sure it will arrive on Friday.

Grayo":30g2vdwm said:
Thank you both, we'll see what happens with the bird boxes, he might say I got to pay him to sell them lol.

Re the Hegner order I placed the order about 2:30pm this afternoon so probably missed the postage for today. Never mind I'm sure it will arrive on Friday.

If you registered an account on the Hegner website then you can go into your order details and it should tell you the status, eg. Shipped.
If it has been shipped there will also be a tracking number so you can track your parcel.

Roughcut":1m4g8u4l said:
Grayo":1m4g8u4l said:

If you registered an account on the Hegner website then you can go into your order details and it should tell you the status, eg. Shipped.
If it has been shipped there will also be a tracking number so you can track your parcel.

Just checked it say's pending. But just had the fright of my life. Looking at the totals of the purchase and it's doubled the cost for what I had. Have a look below what's all that about ?????

Item(s) Total 79.10GBP
Delivery 1.99GBP
Payment Method 0.00GBP
VAT 16.22GBP
Est. Order Total 97.31GBP

The total price paid was £49.85 so what's all that about above

Hmmm I don't know?
But if I was you I would give them a ring in the morning to find out.
ps. just noticed your delivery charge is £1.99 so yours might be sent by Royal Mail.
My parcel was over 2kg with postage charge of £7ish and came by Fed-ex.

Looking at the order it looks like the quick clamp is out of stock. It says available to order. Yes very strange All I have paid is the £49.85 so don't know what's going on there.

Grayo":edmz4p64 said:
I wanted to order the foot pedal as well but will have to wait for that until funds are available again lol given the old wallet a bashing the last few weeks.

Why not get one of these? Easily wired up, and a damn sight cheaper than the Hegner one.

martinka":31tl6yxq said:
Grayo":31tl6yxq said:
I wanted to order the foot pedal as well but will have to wait for that until funds are available again lol given the old wallet a bashing the last few weeks.

Why not get one of these? Easily wired up, and a damn sight cheaper than the Hegner one.

Thanks Martin, I'll have a look into that.........Cheers

Latest posts

Back