Just bought a couple of work benches

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

TRITON

Established Member
Reaction score
As Im having soundproofing put in the ceiling of my workshop(for the benefit up the neighbours) I've decided to take the opportunity for a bit of a makeover. The soundproofing required me to totally empty the room so I've now got a blank canvas to work with.
Part of the revamp is going to include me selling the table saw, and my small 10" RP bandsaw in favour of getting an RP Sabre 350, then as funds allow a Festool plunge saw, which should hopefully give me 90% of tasks the previous saws performed
I'd previously made a couple ,what turned out to be inadequate work stands, bit of storage as in a shelf underneath.
For placement of the new bandsaw, it will be in the middle of the longest wall (about 12'), and I needed a unit for each side. This could double up as additional infeed and outfeed tables.

Looking through google images I'd about settled on a couple of cheap Hilka work benches(£160 each) till I saw these, seemingly on 'special offer' at £199, reduced from £299.
They appear ideal, especially the drawers, so I can finally have a dust free environment to store router cutters, chisels, screw drivers etc. Castors won't be fitted, despite locks, they're always wobbly. Best planted directly on the floor
I'll build a rack system on top of one of them to accommodate Bosch L-Boxx's
But im quite happy I think I've found the right thing, at a good price :D

3733713.jpg

akirk

Established Member
Reaction score
What are the dimensions and where are they from? I am looking for similar for my workshop

akirk

Established Member
Reaction score
well found - sadly not deep enough for me - I am ideally looking for 600mm deep and either 700mm high to go under the current workbench, or if it could be used to put tools on top of, then 900mm high

flying haggis

Established Member
Reaction score
found these on the local facebook marketplace

might be similiar on your local one

mikej460

Established Member
Reaction score
found these on the local facebook marketplace

might be similiar on your local one
£79?? I'd be very careful if I were you

TRITON

Established Member
Reaction score
100% Scam.....!
Yeah without a doubt. I've reported it under 'Scam' Shouldn't be up for too much longer.
Same with all of these. Just hit report, and if they've multiple sales, report each one as a scam and the seller will be banned.

okeydokey

Established Member
Reaction score
Ive just looked at Facebook Market Place for the first time loads of stuff some at reasonable prices. Do you have to join FB to advertise or buy? Would someone let me know please by reputation I was told to avoid FB but maybe I should join?
thanks

flying haggis

Established Member
Reaction score
AFAIK you need to join to be able to reply to sellers but it is easy to set up a "fake" account....... to do just that (I used my MILs name!)

flying haggis

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah without a doubt. I've reported it under 'Scam' Shouldn't be up for too much longer.
Same with all of these. Just hit report, and if they've multiple sales, report each one as a scam and the seller will be banned.
It worked as the ad is no longer there.

Jonm

Established Member
Reaction score
Ive just looked at Facebook Market Place for the first time loads of stuff some at reasonable prices. Do you have to join FB to advertise or buy? Would someone let me know please by reputation I was told to avoid FB but maybe I should join?
thanks
FB marketplace is fine as long as you are wary. Buying, cash on collection is fine. Selling I only do cash on collection. If you are selling, watch out for people just wanting your address, things like “ I want your …., please send postcode”. They have your name and are looking for address details, probably followed up by request for exact address then bank details to send you money. Look at their profile, anything dodgy ignore message. If not sure send incomplete postcode. Only send your address when you are convinced they are genuine.

You have to set up a Facebook account and Facebook messenger. Be careful what details Facebook is showing to the world. It will ask for date birth, place you were born, schools you went to. Just leave it blank. If it is just for marketplace then consider giving a false name, or not a complete name, say a mis spelling or just first part of surname.

BearTricks

Established Member
Reaction score
I found a bandsaw on FB marketplace recently. A few weeks old, used once, asked why he was selling and he said he’d bought a larger one instead.

Fair enough but why sell it for 2/3 of the price instead of just returning it? Looked through his listings and he’s sold dozens of similar tools, including some bandsaws of the size he apparently upgraded to. Did a bit of digging and a few of his Facebook friends were selling things like motorbike parts, clearly from bikes that had been stripped down.

I’ve also seen a number of sellers selling the same Dewalt Thicknesser for £80 when it retails got about £400. They usually have a photo with a pile of them in their garage.

Either a scam or people selling stolen goods. The bandsaw was a nice price but I don’t fancy giving the money to someone who nicks them for a living, and I don’t fancy having someone else’s saw. I’d imagine they find their stuff in a similar way.

Jameshow

Established Member
Reaction score
I found a bandsaw on FB marketplace recently. A few weeks old, used once, asked why he was selling and he said he’d bought a larger one instead.

Fair enough but why sell it for 2/3 of the price instead of just returning it? Looked through his listings and he’s sold dozens of similar tools, including some bandsaws of the size he apparently upgraded to. Did a bit of digging and a few of his Facebook friends were selling things like motorbike parts, clearly from bikes that had been stripped down.

I’ve also seen a number of sellers selling the same Dewalt Thicknesser for £80 when it retails got about £400. They usually have a photo with a pile of them in their garage.

Either a scam or people selling stolen goods. The bandsaw was a nice price but I don’t fancy giving the money to someone who nicks them for a living, and I don’t fancy having someone else’s saw. I’d imagine they find their stuff in a similar way.
I don't think those DeWalt p/t or table saws actually exist..... Just a hook to get you to hand over money before the as disappears!