Who is in and who is out?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Inoffthered":1z3927ez said:
.... but in the long run this is a great opportunity to control our own destiny.

...and forget about those infuriating global and regional trifles like climate change, Islamic terrorism, nuclear proliferation, international refugees and international trade.

just for clarity sake:

Attachments

• stats.JPG
    stats.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 356
chipmunk":2bcr6np5 said:
Inoffthered":2bcr6np5 said:
.... but in the long run this is a great opportunity to control our own destiny.

...and forget about those infuriating global and regional trifles like climate change, Islamic terrorism, nuclear proliferation, international refugees and international trade.

Potentially less foreign people you don't know stood in front of you in the queue at Aldi though!

(Less documented foreign people anyway)

thetyreman":37vbkaq0 said:
just for clarity sake:

I have not misunderstood anything.
I have seen the percentages.
You fail to understand the nuances of language.
For clarity, Different words mean different things!

BearTricks":20bwq26r said:
chipmunk":20bwq26r said:
Inoffthered":20bwq26r said:

Potentially less foreign people you don't know stood in front of you in the queue at Aldi though!

Sorry, if the debate is descending to xenophobic comments like that then I'm off.

Adam9453":3nkrsdg3 said:
its simple maths tyreman, if circa half the population voted leave then a large proportion of younger people voted leave.
Just because you voted remain (as did a lot of my friends) doesn't mean all young people did.

Attachments

• stats.JPG
    stats.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 308
Inoffthered":1wreq2bq said:
No need to pity the UK. The Euro has fallen against the $ as well. The £/€ rate is broadly the same so any imports from Europe and bought in € won't be any more expensive.

One by product of the referendum however is to identify those with a "can do" attitude who can rise to a challenge and see the fantastic opportunities and those with a "can't do" mentality. Politicians need to be inclusive and not forget that they represent the whole country. Cameron had to go because he would have been a barrier to that process.

Yes, quite right. We need positive leaders now that believe in our ability. Time to get rid of all those that said we aren't strong enough to make deals with Europe and the rest of the world. That includes you Osborne. :wink:

chipmunk":3nihulzz said:
BearTricks":3nihulzz said:

Sorry, if the debate is descending to xenophobic comments like that then I'm off.

I was being ironic. I voted remain.

Adam9453":p8f2nnr2 said:
... My business will be affected greatly because like AJB's brothers company, we import materials from Europe but produce mainly for the UK so will get the double whammy of higher import costs as described above...

You might be worrying unnecessarily. We will have a new chancellor shortly ( :) ) and it is now quite unacceptable for any more British funds to be diverted (or borrowed and diverted) to prop up the euro. Without more borrowing the eurozone is in "difficult" terrain ([Gibbs]you think?[/]).

It's a reasonable guess that the euro will tank, say within the next three months, probably about the time the Greek thing hits the fan again at the end of the summer. At which point...

E.

owsnap" Get your facts straight [img:2h35hmtt said:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CltIkyuWYAA_Lwq.jpg[/img]

That's an opinion poll taken well before the Election! :roll:
Probably one of many and not inherently accurate.

BearTricks":37df88jj said:
chipmunk":37df88jj said:
BearTricks":37df88jj said:

I was being ironic. I voted remain.

Sorry - clearly misunderstood the irony.

I wouldn't bother trying to explain things to Tyreman Roughcut, he doesn't read what you actually write.
He makes silly assumptions based on his misunderstandings and then behaves churlishly.

Roughcut":1alpducu said:
owsnap" Get your facts straight [img:1alpducu said:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CltIkyuWYAA_Lwq.jpg[/img]

That's an opinion poll taken well before the Election! :roll:
Probably one of many and not inherently accurate.

Yes, let's not the truth get in the way of a good story. :lol:

Guys, if we're going to descend to personal insults I'll lock the thread. Recall it bucks the no politics discussion rule but we've let it run due to the importance. If it degenerates into yaboo sucks then I'll switch it off. The bottom line here is we've gone and done it now, we're on our own. Personally I think it's pretty close to financial insanity but what's done is done and there's one thing for sure, we're going to need to pull together over the coming decades or we'll be in very very big trouble indeed. We might as well start now!

Well said Bob and I think locking the thread would be best.
It's certainly not achieving anything keeping it going

lock it please, the vote is over and we all now need to look to the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back