Who is in and who is out?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
NazNomad":7sekgds1 said:
Wuffles":7sekgds1 said:
Yes, if he becomes PM my Boris Johnson piñata business will be out the window.

I'm sure it will fare as well as your David Cameron piñata business. :lol:
Anyone working on that project has signed an NDA, how do you know about it? Market research said his model didn't hold enough sweets though, so it was always on the back burner.

Genuine question, Welsh First Minister on TV said that he'd been promised they won't lose a penny, who made that promise does anyone know? And how much money is at stake?

Noel,

Sour grapes by the barrow load; totally self-centred sour grapes. And you call us insular!

To paraphrase Marie Antoinette, 'Then let them work in Britain, without taking a 'gap' year'.

Just as my grand daughter is doing, and is doing very nicely thank you.'
How it affects her remains to be seen, but whatever, I know she'll do what she always does, stick her chin out and get on with it.

owsnap.

Out come the insults, and profane insults to boot!

I went out at 6 a.m., everything looked the same. The chickens were cleaned, same as yesterday. the sheep were fed, same as yesterday. I raked up some grass, same as yesterday.
I don't understand why everybody is panicking about 'change' when it's exactly the same today as it was yesterday??????

Remember the Millennium Bug? What changed?

Noel that is overly dramatic.
There is little doubt that we are going to trade with Europe and even less doubt that trading in europe will require a level of acceptance to freedom of movement. Freedom of movement works both ways so i'd be very surprised if your children can't visit the eiffel tower.
As for your business, I can't comment because I don't know your business.
My business will be affected greatly because like AJB's brothers company, we import materials from Europe but produce mainly for the UK so will get the double whammy of higher import costs as described above. However I don't agree that it was the wrong decision to vote to leave.
I would not be surprised if other countries in the EU decide to hold referendums and if others follow our lead, then the playing field will change substantially.
The vote leave is not the beginning of the end, its the start of our future as an independent country.

Just read that the timber industry will be impacted the most from this for you due to importing everything from europe..
Well Not like you didn't knew about it...

I don't pity a fool however...

Inoffthered":2j53iovl said:
The Remainiacs have clearly forgotten the "Love not Hate" soundbite as a bunch of louts chased Boris' car down the road, banging on the roof screaming scum and other such choice words. (and Remain were trying to suggest it was the Leavers that were ill educated!).

Hmmm - Some of us who didn't vote for it will have to put up and shut up (and watch our pension plan value delay our retirement) but if you don't mind I'm sparing my thoughts for the family of Jo Cox rather than Boris.

owsnap":19bin2pl said:
Just read that the timber industry will be impacted the most from this for you due to importing everything from europe..

I'm 31 and voted leave, hardly a pensioner ruining it for anyone else.
If you look at the numbers that voted, you would plainly see it is not just 'older' people that have voted leave, there are a great many of younger people that have.
Frankly I don't see what it has to do with you, throw your vile insults at someone who cares what you think, I doubt you will have anyone to aim at.

The result is a binary decision based upon a marginal majority - this would be the case whoever won. The winner has the right to get their way, but in practice need to avoid alienating a large number of non-supporters - the next election in 4 years (at most) means that unless they do their chances of re-election are remote.

The next few months (probably years) will chaotic as the winners seek to implement the outcome - trade deals, legal processes, immigration criteria, Scotland referendum, Ireland tensions, business relocations, budgetary and funding changes, etc. It may all go completely swimmingly - but this is probably a very optimistic expectation.

The benefits of leaving are at best 2+ years away after we have detached ourselves from EU, the aggro is all short term. The longer the delay in issuing notice to EU of our withdrawal, the more likely it is that public support for the change will wane.

What odds on a repeat referendum in (say) six months as the reality of the exit is compared with the spin of the campaign??

Terry

owsnap":bkfum5i3 said:

Dry your eyes princess. It'll work itself out.

Adam9453":2c3j329c said:
owsnap":2c3j329c said:

If you look at the numbers that voted, you would plainly see it is not just 'older' people that have voted leave, there are a great many of younger people that have.
Frankly I don't see what it has to do with you, throw your vile insults at someone who cares what you think, I doubt you will have anyone to aim at.

Good luck

Adam9453":3vqekfev said:
owsnap":3vqekfev said:

no that's rubbish, the majority of younger people actually voted to stay in, including me, seems like you haven't studied the results at all.

its simple maths tyreman, if circa half the population voted leave then a large proportion of younger people voted leave.
Just because you voted remain (as did a lot of my friends) doesn't mean all young people did.

Adam9453":39igx41o said:
its simple maths tyreman, if circa half the population voted leave then a large proportion of younger people voted leave.
Just because you voted remain (as did a lot of my friends) doesn't mean all young people did.

Get your facts straight
CltIkyuWYAA_Lwq.jpg

Learn to read the pair of you.

Look at what I actually wrote.

I did not say majority, I said a great many.

My facts are straightforward maths, i'm sorry you can't understand.

Adam9453":3qb57hm6 said:

you clearly haven't studied the actual statistics, look it up, it's public information, I'm not going to wipe your buttocks for you.

thetyreman":3heboy8s said:
Adam9453":3heboy8s said:

you clearly haven't studied the actual statistics, look it up, it's public information, I'm not going to wipe your buttocks for you.

Read my post above yours, i'm not interested in you wiping anything of mine.
I'm also not interested in teaching you the difference between "a great many" and "majority"!

owsnap":1y744dbh said:

No need to pity the UK. The Euro has fallen against the $ as well. The £/€ rate is broadly the same so any imports from Europe and bought in € won't be any more expensive.

One by product of the referendum however is to identify those with a "can do" attitude who can rise to a challenge and see the fantastic opportunities and those with a "can't do" mentality. Politicians need to be inclusive and not forget that they represent the whole country. Cameron had to go because he would have been a barrier to that process.

Adam9453":1omkush4 said:
thetyreman":1omkush4 said:
Adam9453":1omkush4 said:

Read my post above yours, i'm not interested in you wiping anything of mine.
I'm also not interested in teaching you the difference between "a great many" and "majority"!

not until you check the official statistics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back