Who is going to Ally Pally?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been a couple of times in the past and have felt that it's not great value for money time you pay entrance fee and travel (Train) and there only seems to be a handful of stalls.
Tools don't seem to be a great deal cheaper only limited show offers so might aswell spend the money I save on actual tools.
Last time I went all I got was a few old copies of Fine Woodworking magazine.

Will read all about it in one of the woodwork mags in a couple of months time.

One of the better woodwork shows I have been to was in Leamington Spa but that was a few years ago.

Mooeee,
They were all very good a few years ago, but the costs have rocketed and many stallholders won't pay the money, this was all debated on Get wood forum site last year and manufacturers stated their points which were quite understandable.
Whatever, it's still a damned good day out and you always see somethng new and of interest.
Oh!! as for the price of tickets, I get concessionary tickets in advance for £5:50, normal price £6:00, ordinary tickets are £7:00 each.
Derek.

I cannot comment on the Ally Pally woodwork show as I have never been. But I do go regularly to the Model Engineer's Show which is held there each January - one trip to AP a year is enough for me! This time they closed the car park so that meant an even longer trog to it! Sadly the ME Show has gradually been going down hill, with fewer high class sales and less and less Models on show.

I am hoping to make Yandles and West Dean - not too sure about Westonbirt (The CHT tent and demos were great, but the other stuff there was not for me)?

Rod

I've been every year for several years and it's been sad to see the Ally Pally show go steadily downhill. Last year was so poor (apart from meeting up with the UKWS crowd) that I won't be going this year. Yandles, West Dean and Westonbirt are so much better.

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Well I have managed to book next Friday off work. :D

So I will be along, with my Dad, like last year. 8)

So see you all by the Chestnut stand at noon, I will be the one wearing the clogs. :roll:

Rod,
I also went to the ME show. Got there 10.45 both car parks were full and closed and was told the only place to park was down in Wood Green.
Wood Green is mostly residential parking so I just went home. I would have thought it must have been heaving in there.

So I take it, It's the Chestnut stand at High Noon. :arrow: I'm with him :sign3:

John. B

I've never seen the car parks full on the Friday. They are quite big.

John B - there was another show going on as well, so everywhere was heaving! I did come away with a RC Helicopter :lol:

Rod

Harbo":3uirtpqy said:
I did come away with a RC Helicopter :lol:

At least that saved you having to walk back to the car.....

Hat, coat,
outtahere.gif

Cheers :wink:

Paul

The best year of all, was when Woodcut Trading put on a free show at Wimbledon, a few years ago. Free buses were available from the underground station which was a big help. pity they don't do that at Ally Pally. We went it was superb. We popped along to Ally Pally after, that was a little dead,
unfortunately Woodcut Trading went the way of so many good buisnesse, and this was mainly because of ill health.
Derek.

Ally Pally put on a free bus service from the Tube station. Have done the last 4yrs I have been.

Right, it looks like the plan is the Chestnut stand (Terry Smart & company) at mid-day, with moderators buying lunch for everyone who turns up! Great plan Dave!!

See you tomorrow.... :D

Mike

Mike Garnham":2s4h0pex said:
Right, it looks like the plan is the Chestnut stand (Terry Smart & company) at mid-day, with moderators buying lunch for everyone who turns up! Great plan Dave!!

See you tomorrow.... :D

Mike

And the beers 8)

Paul

I'm not coming tomorrow :( I'll be there Sunday

Pity, Tom.......

........and I think the moderators' lunch, beer & sweets offer applies only on Friday, unfortunately!

I was relying on you to back me up when I come under pressure to buy a new plane........

Mike

Back