Which wood plane's to form a Bolection mould

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
adzeman":1qhaed02 said:
I went off this afternoon hunting for a couple of moulding planes. Wish I had taken my camera for their in the entrance just collected a second hand spindle moulder. Do you fancy it Mike? No I am looking for something a bit smaller about 9" long preferably with gabriel stamped on? Nothing stamped Gabrial but a couple of suitable hollow's

Nice result :D It's often the case where everything shows up when least expected. :) I'd been chasing around for a second hand lathe - early last year without luck, but two showed up when my funds were committed to the house move and revite during the summer. #-o

I looked at the 2nd hand lathes they had about a dozen in a couple of small ones which interested me. a couple of small bench saws looked interesting.

The two new additions to the collection

The%2Bnew%2Bplanes.JPG

The%2Bnew%2Bplanes%2B%25282%2529.JPG

Just in case I should find myself in Sussex, is this G&M Tools that you are talking about Mike?

Just in case I should find myself in Sussex, is this G&M Tools that you are talking about Mike?

It certainly is Andy If you are going to make a visit please let me know we could have a bit of lunch?

I was looking in the machine section not because I was in the market for one but to see if they had any Trump machines. No such luck.

I'm not to far away from there, just starting to get some kit together at the moment, is worth a visit for hand tools in general would you say?

Thanks,

Dean

Definately it is larger than Alladins cave. I will probably going again tommorrow as I need a screw and a new depth gauge for my Record 044 and the partner who salvages parts frm broken kit was not there last week. Will give them a ring first.

Dangermouse":3s5tsunp said:
Stanley, I believe said there wasn't a moulding you couldn't make with a no 55.
There isn't a moulding you couldn't make with a bit of sharp flint, if you put you mind to it.

Thanks Mike will take a trip out next time there's some shopping money going.

Dean

Thanks Mike will take a trip out next time there's some shopping money going.

They do a good potal service as well. I you know what you want they will look round the warehouse and if they find one and you have agreed a price they will send it. It is cheper than going. Still worth a visit though.

adzeman":2zxieug6 said:
They do a good potal service as well. I you know what you want they will look round the warehouse and if they find one and you have agreed a price they will send it. It is cheper than going. Still worth a visit though.

That sounds much more dangerous to me :lol: Either way sounds very promising, maybe i don't get out enough but it sounds like a good day out and as im new to this i think there would be value in actually getting my hands on some tools first, see how they feel etc before committing any hard earned.

Thanks,

Dean

You haveto go first to get the feel of the place and to start building up trust. I have used them for seven years at the shows only visited the warehous since last year.

Back