Which used bandsaw £300 - £400

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simon89

Established Member
Reaction score
I’m in the marked for a (used) bandsaw, budget of £300 to £400 or there abouts

I would like to be able to cut up to a thickness of 150mm

I’ve been browsing eBay but not sure how to begin narrowing down my decision.

All suggestions appreciated :)

I bought a little Elu second hand for £75 & it’s an excellent little bandsaw, that said I’d have thought most branded bandsaws would be worth a punt I’d just check the availability of spares before making your purchase, that is if you can’t fabricate stuff yourself.

It’ll depend on how much time you have. I find Gumtree better for cheap deals than eBay. I picked up a Startrite 352 inside your budget but took me about 12months before I snagged the bargain on Gumtree.

The Elu 3501 or Dewalt equivalent are in your budget and have a throat depth of over 150mm. Also the small record power or Axminster machines should fit your budget. I’d be more interested in the condition of a specific machine than the precise brand in this group.

However, whilst all these machines have the throat depth it’ll depend on what you’re trying to cut. I doubt any of them will chew through 150mm of dry oak.

Id get the largest you can find, generally the larger ones are better built and not the Chinese badge engineering....

Cheers James

I've got one of the little Inca euro ones. 260 maybe?

Except its not Inca branded, even through the castings have the same numbers...

Hence being a fraction of the cost for the same machine.

They are nice saws. Small, desktop, and I think you can just about get 150mm under the guard. Not much throat depth though.

Where in hampshire are you? I know where theres a cheap axminster b.s available for £100ish..... it needs a fence, a bit of a clean, and the table has a small bend on one half ( where the blade insert hole is, the front edges are about 2mm out of alignment across the top ) The axi is near corfe mullen, just below Bournemouth

Where in hampshire are you? I know where theres a cheap axminster b.s available for £100ish..... it needs a fence, a bit of a clean, and the table has a small bend on one half ( where the blade insert hole is, the front edges are about 2mm out of alignment across the top ) The axi is near corfe mullen, just below Bournemouth
I’m in Southampton but often down that way seeing friends, will send you a dm :)

Thanks for all the suggestions, a 352 would be great but sadly out of my price range.

I think something like the 12” record,Elektra beckum bas 315 or similar.

I have a Cropico something or other. Built like a battleship. Cost me a couple of hundred maybe ten years ago. Repainted it, added a Kreg fence, new bearings and it is a source of joy.

I like my record, solid engineering, quite reliable so far, 10 years or so.

Mines 20+ years old and is up for anything, including me removing the upper guides so i could get a greater depth of cut -from 120mm to 165mm as i'd to cut some maple, which we all can agree is pretty hard stuff.

Back