Which type/size nailer?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monkey Mark

Established Member
Reaction score
If building a fence, decjing and for building general garden type stuff, which tyoe or size nailer would be best?

Not too bothered about brands as whatever i get will be the budget end, just not sure what to look for.

If you already have a compressor you should be able to pick up a decent nailgun fairly cheaply. Bostitch are good. If you want cordless you are looking at at least £300 plus the expensive nails to go with it. I like the Dewalt framer over the Paslodes.

Green":l5kd2tm4 said:
If you already have a compressor you should be able to pick up a decent nailgun fairly cheaply. Bostitch are good. If you want cordless you are looking at at least £300 plus the expensive nails to go with it. I like the Dewalt framer over the Paslodes.
I have a compressor which i run my brad nailer from.

I may consider a palm nailer (anyone use these?) as i don't think it would get enough use to warrant spending too much.

Palm nailers are speciality tools, I wouldn't choose one for general fixing. We have one at work that gets used about once every couple of years... You should get a cheap nail gun that can fire 90mm for less than a £100.
We have a no-name thing that is used in the workshop for knocking kits together. Works fine.

Back