Which sub £200 jigsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karl

Established Member
Reaction score
Per title, which would you recommend. My Makita has packed up, and my budget won't stretch to a Mafell/Festool.

Bosch GST135

gst-135-be_popup.jpg

or GST150

GST_150_CE_web_popup.jpg

Metabo STE135

STE135_2.jpg

Are the ones i've been looking at to date.

Cheers

Karl

Karl":14wcfu1y said:
Per title, which would you recommend. My Makita has packed up, and my budget won't stretch to a Mafell/Festool.

Bosch GST135

gst-135-be_popup.jpg

or GST150

GST_150_CE_web_popup.jpg

Metabo STE135

STE135_2.jpg

Are the two i've been looking at to date.

Cheers

Karl

Is it me or does anyone else see three?

I have a Bosch GST135, I haven't had any problems but I know there have been some issues with them.

Now that they have Alu bases they should be fine, the older pressed steel based bosch was bloody 'orrible

Gary":9mfeed8i said:
Is it me or does anyone else see three?

I have a Bosch GST135, I haven't had any problems but I know there have been some issues with them.

Thanks Gary - i'd originally put in the GST135 and the Metabo, but i've also found the other Bosch which looks quite good too.

Cheers

Karl

Ok this may be a surpirise but why not go for a screwfix SITE jigsaw.

I have got one, three stage pendulum, variable speed and is identical to the old Makita it replaced.

I have had it now for a couple of years and it is excellent value for money and with decent blades in it works brilliantly.

Rog

Dodge":30fzo99c said:
Ok this may be a surpirise but why not go for a screwfix SITE jigsaw.

I have got one, three stage pendulum, variable speed and is identical to the old Makita it replaced.

I have had it now for a couple of years and it is excellent value for money and with decent blades in it works brilliantly.

Rog

Ok Guys Scrap that - I just looked at the screwfix site to get the number but they no longer do the jigsaw that I have got - It was obviously too good and didnt meet their exacting standards for supplying rubbish!!

we've got the bosch green jig saw - and it aint bad for about 35 notes, course its probably not as good as the blue ones but we only use it for roughing out asnd its done 4 years hard service without a problem

I've had the Bosch 135 for a couple of years and it's great. Cuts really accurately and square to the face. Something 2 or 3 others I've had didn't.

I have the pressed steel base on my bosch(15yrs) and it's been dropped god knows how many times, wonder if the alu one will fair as well? They look better I know that, but less durable IMHO.

ive got the GST150 I got it free :D as part of the Bosch pro team testing. You can read my report on it here http://www.bosch-pt.co.uk/bosch-pt.co.u ... ndex.shtml

It is a very good jigsaw dust extraction with my Festool midi is almost perfect. I really like the wide base on it too. It can be dropped from quiet a height too without damage which was tested by a young lad who works with me :roll: :x :x . If I get time I will do a review but for now take a look at my report i did for Bosch.

PS Ive got 4 Bosch jigsaws now all the pro ones and all still working well, one of them must be 20 years old now.

Thanks for all the replies.

Chris - you suck :p

Awkwood - that looks a good price.

Which one - Bosch or Mafell...... Bosch is £90 cheaper. Mafell is Mafell.

:-k

Cheers

Karl

Karl":1qbgf0wf said:
Chris - you suck :p

Karl

:lol: :lol: :lol: thanks, swings and roundabouts shortly after I had the luck of getting the jigsaw I go and stick a knife in my finger and lose a few grand in lost earnings :cry: . Back to work this week though and managed to carefully plasterboard a 50m by 5m high wall so not doing too bad :D .

Anyway back to jigsaws you may have noticed I do like Festool stuff but for jigsaws I would always go for Bosch Ive used most makes and would say you cannot go wrong with Bosch they did invent the jigsaw after all :D

I'd forgot about your hand accident Chris - I thought you were supposed to be off for 3 months? Or are you going back early 'cos needs must?

I've ordered one of the Bosch 150's from Axi, together with another couple of things i've wanted/needed for a while. Expensive outing.

127110_xl.jpg

500277_xl.jpg

Oh yeah, and this

952306_xl.jpg

Cheers

Karl

you will love that planer ive had one about 2 years or more now , very nice and dust free if used with a vac. Regards the jigsaw it takes awhile to get used to the switch on the barrel style. Ive always used the d grip style where you can use it one handed and when you release the switch it stops. With these its on or off but it does have a variable dial on the rear.

Yeah the finger looks good but i had under estimated how it affects your whole hand/arm. I can grip things now but im not supposed to lift anything with my left hand but i can lift a sheet of plasterboard with my right and just balance it with my left ok. I just couldnt stand being at home any more had to get back doing something before i put on too much weight :shock:

I have 2 Bosch 135, excellent jigsaws, probably the best now!

You wouldn't want a festool jigsaw anyway, there rubbish.

The planer you have brought is fantastic if not a little on the skinny side.

I would have gone for a maki belt sander though!

Back