which Router

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motownmartin

Established Member
Reaction score
My old Triton Router is about ready for the scrapheap, it has been a good bit of it apart from all the plastic parts which are all disintegrating, I no longer can reduce or increase the speed nor can I change the cutters as easily as before as it will not raise above the table anymore, which was the feature that convinced me to buy in the first place, it is only used in my table.

I am now looking for a replacement, so does anybody know of a good Router out there that has made with table usage in mind.

Trend T11/10 can be adjusted from the top when fitted in a table, otherwise use a router lift and almost any decent router of your choice

I thought about getting a router lift but surely that won't convert any router to make it adjustable from the top of the table, the triton used to lock when lifted hence you just needed to use one spanner to change cutters.

Of course a router lift make any router adjustable from above the table. That is what they for!!
I've not come across another router with the spindle lock you describe though.

My Freud does, but no longer available.

I am sure that it wasnt an uncommon feature on routers designed for tables- does the trend not do it?

Why not stalk ebay for another triton?

I waited for ages to get my rise and fall table off ebay including the router, but it was worth the wait for one to come up.

Hand held I have a festool which with the rail system etc added is great

wobblydoggy":2ny09388 said:
Why not stalk ebay for another triton?

I waited for ages to get my rise and fall table off ebay including the router, but it was worth the wait for one to come up.

Hand held I have a festool which with the rail system etc added is great

Yes, I have not ruled out another triton but was wondering what else was out there with the same features.

I use a dewalt 625 on the table , a really common combination, but to get at the collet nut comfortably I have had to put an extension collet in.

Grahamshed":2nzdugw1 said:
I use a dewalt 625 on the table , a really common combination, but to get at the collet nut comfortably I have had to put an extension collet in.

The Triton as previously said, is a doddle, just wind up above table press button and undo.

It is a great piece of design

I run a Triton TRA001 in a table and it's great. The only PITA is having to reach under the table to wind it up for a bit change. A top side router lift seems a lot easier. I'd be interested to know if you find another router with a collet lock.

wellywood":dmisnev4 said:
I run a Triton TRA001 in a table and it's great. The only PITA is having to reach under the table to wind it up for a bit change. A top side router lift seems a lot easier. I'd be interested to know if you find another router with a collet lock.
The current TRB001 has an above table winder adjustment with handle.

RogerP":1h541k8n said:
wellywood":1h541k8n said:
The current TRB001 has an above table winder adjustment with handle.

Roger, just looked at the TRB and it looks like the above table lift is a feature of the mounting plate (?). Do you know if the TRA can be retro-fitted to the new plate to get the same benefit?

Latest posts

Back