Sheartak Spiral Cutter Heads for Sedgwick

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The Sedgwick MB planer thicknesser boasts simpler and more robust engineering, exceptional quality casting, both for the machine's overall thickness and the fabricated base. This inherent sturdiness makes them superior machines, significantly reducing vibration and yielding a superior finish. What sets the Sedgwick MB and CP apart is their dual-motor system that powers the spindle and feed rollers. Additionally, the planer tables, thicknesser table, and fence are all crafted from high-quality cast iron. This ensures that nothing will bend, twist, or shift when the machine is set up for operation.

What sets the Sedgwick MB and CP apart is their dual-motor system that powers the spindle and feed rollers. This straightforward design is a testament to the machine's engineering excellence.

Sheartak offers spiral cutter heads equipped with indexable carbide inserts. Featuring four cutting edges, these carbide inserts boast a lifespan 40 to 50 times longer than high-speed steel blades. Positioned at an angle to facilitate shear-cut feeding, they effectively eliminate tear-out and yield a superior surface finish. The spiral cutting design significantly reduces operational noise and facilitates easier dust extraction. Sheartak's spiral cutter heads contribute to restoring the former excellence of Sedgwick machines. Explore further details at https://www.sheartak.com/sedgwick.

sedgwick-mb308-planer-thicknesser.png

Thank you for that, I wasn’t aware Sedgwick equipment was available in Canada, I looked in the States but was disappointed. Does Canada use the same electric as the States? I have Sedgwick equipment here in England and everything you say about it is spot on. There just isn’t the semi professional level of P/T available over there.

You have it wrong. The US uses the same electric as Canada. 😉

We for the most part don't have the space constraints as the UK and Europe so your planer thicknesses and combination machines were never all that popular. We favoured separate machines. They have only been gaining a little traction for the last decade, largely because of cheaper Asian imports. There are no Sedgwick machines here either, not under that brand name anyway.

Pete

Thank you for that, I wasn’t aware Sedgwick equipment was available in Canada, I looked in the States but was disappointed. Does Canada use the same electric as the States? I have Sedgwick equipment here in England and everything you say about it is spot on. There just isn’t the semi professional level of P/T available over there.
I have not seen Sedgwick machines in north America. Canada and the States use the same electric. Sheartak provide a couple of cutterheads fitting Sedgwick planers.

You have it wrong. The US uses the same electric as Canada. 😉

We for the most part don't have the space constraints as the UK and Europe so your planer thicknesses and combination machines were never all that popular. We favoured separate machines. They have only been gaining a little traction for the last decade, largely because of cheaper Asian imports. There are no Sedgwick machines here either, not under that brand name anyway.

Pete
Haha, very good.
from reviews from Americans I think the American woodwork machine manufacturers have shot themselves in the foot by diluting quality and cost cutting. It seems that the only good machines are old ones. Also companies like SCM who do top quality machines like Minimax's are becoming better known over there, and the us reviews are glowing. I have a P/Thicknesser of theirs and it really is superb.
So the electricity is the same I wonder if I could ship a Sedgwick across the border? The T/saw with a cross slide is by far superior to a Grizzly or Powermatic, also medium size saws in the States just aren’t available with a cross slide.
Ian

Grizzly sell sliders from 10" to 14" blades. Asian made I believe.
https://www.grizzly.com/table-saws
There are no tool manufacturers except for Williams and Hussey and Woodmaster. Both selling planer molders. All went under when the Asians made cheap import machines available here. Lots of CNC routers and factory machine makers here but no small business stuff.

Pete

Haha, very good.
from reviews from Americans I think the American woodwork machine manufacturers have shot themselves in the foot by diluting quality and cost cutting. It seems that the only good machines are old ones. Also companies like SCM who do top quality machines like Minimax's are becoming better known over there, and the us reviews are glowing. I have a P/Thicknesser of theirs and it really is superb.
So the electricity is the same I wonder if I could ship a Sedgwick across the border? The T/saw with a cross slide is by far superior to a Grizzly or Powermatic, also medium size saws in the States just aren’t available with a cross slide.
Ian
Sedgwick planers have fixed outfeed table. If the outfeed tables can be adjusted, the planers will be perfect. Most of the manufacturers in Europe make their machines of robust heavy casting. This is great.

Latest posts

Back