Which pocket hole jig, and package ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are T20 in the UJK set, not sure whether there are pocket hole screws (which are different from ordinary wood screws) in any different sizes - all appear to be T20.

I use a Bessey kwik klamp with my R3 (I don't take the K5 one out as I have the R3, but I'm sure it would be the same).

It works well. Although I wouldn't buy the Bessey just for that, I already had one and thought I'd try it rather than buying the specific clamp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would love to get my hands on the foreman, but sooo expensive :(
anyway, You don't need anything more than the £15 Kreg Jigg , which is just that plastic blue guide and a drill bit, excellent tool!

this is the best Combo to get:

MKJKIT-MiniKregJigKit-MainCOB-2.jpg

and a Proper Irwin quick release extreme pressure clamp also about £15-£20

ren_52c6fba49d027NEW-XP1.jpg

Don't buy those more expensive kreg kits,not worth the money, the rest of the kit is more or less useless and not really needed, specially when you want to drill holes in thicker pieces/on the go the only way you are going to do it is with that small £15 kit and a proper clamp.

also don't skimp few pence and just get the Kreg one not the UKJ replica one..

Already got those clamps, is that just for holding the kreg in place?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

LarryS":3nnqs935 said:
Already got those clamps, is that just for holding the kreg in place?

Excellent, Yup, just for holding it in place and for fast-action swapping to next hole ready to be drilled.

Actually at first I bought the full kreg kit K4 or whatever the name was, and well It's OK if all you are doing is just drilling holes in small /short/thin pieces .. for anything else it's just waste of space on your table.
Sent it back and bought the £15 small kit, it's just so much more versatile.
I use pocketholes in almost every project, and probably have drilled way over 7,000 holes with mine,probably more, and it's still as sharp/good as the day I bought it...

If I were to win a lottery I would buy the Large Foreman however :D

One more thing, the screws they sell are seriously overpriced! I have found locally screws with more flat heads which are 4-5x less expensive and works just as fine!

Ok thanks, I'll have a look for those screws

I have the kreg k4 jig and I love it. Been using it to make various cabinets from 3/4" ply and chipboard over the last year and wouldn't be without it now. There is a few screws supplied with the kit but not enough for a project. I have found a supplier in Ireland d that'll sell 1000 screws (1.25" coarse I use mostly) for about £25 which is fine for me. Would definitely recommend it!

Brian18741":3umm7wtb said:
I have the kreg k4 jig and I love it. Been using it to make various cabinets from 3/4" ply and chipboard over the last year and wouldn't be without it now. There is a few screws supplied with the kit but not enough for a project. I have found a supplier in Ireland d that'll sell 1000 screws (1.25" coarse I use mostly) for about £25 which is fine for me. Would definitely recommend it!
Would you like to share your supplier?

Back