Which picture frame clamp please?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richie

Reaction score
Hi

Does anyone have any suggestions on which picture frame clamp method is best? Simple nylon band with corner blocks or the threaded rods with corner blocks, or holding it for hours etc.?

thanks

r

depends upon whether you are doing one, or more. also their sizes make
a difference.

i have the threaded rods system and it works well, depends upon what you budget is.

another thing to do is to make your own jig. four bits of straight lengths
which have holes drilled in them for movement, then corner blocks which could be wedged for final adjustment.

otherwise spend the budget and get the bessey corner clamps
VERY NICE :tool:

the real thing is how many you are going to make, otherwise, you could just use normal longish clamps and corner blocks which could be two separate bits of wood which actually fit at the corner.

all the best
paul :wink:

richie
I would just get a cheapo band clamp if I was only going to use it a couple of times. I have also used saah clamps for a one off, bit of a fiddle though.
Bessey great if you are going to use it all the time but expensive for a band clamp.

Bean

Thanks very much.

This seems to be a great forum, lots of useful ideas and none of the usual forum-style backlash!

cheers

:)

r

I use the steel band cramp from APTC - no problems, loads of pressure can be applied to corner joints - Rob

Latest posts

Back