Which other forums?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
matt":prykl4sd said:
Digit":prykl4sd said:
No one interested in Railways?
So I'm an Anorak! :oops:

Roy.

For reasons I cannot fathom I like to gawp at this type of train:
3354530142_d160877f9b.jpg

2663524565_a3bc78b80f.jpg

But I don't belong to any train forums.

When I was a lad (about 1961) we used to go to the London terminii to watch the top link steam locos doing their business, and in general I preferred Paddington, but it was always a treat to go to Kings Cross and watch the A4s pull away (always with less fuss than a King or castle). Then I lost interest, and the next time I went to Kings Cross was 1969 to go oop north, and lo and behold the A4s had been replaced by Deltics. Equally impressive! And much easier to drive, by all accounts.

I've always enjoyed the free ebb and flow of postings on this site....I consider it one of its strnegths. However, if you guys who are into trains take over this otherwise interesting thread too much you'll scare others off!! Could I suggest a new thread, maybe? In the nicest possible way, you understand.......

Cheers

Mike

Mike Garnham":iduwgc4u said:
I've always enjoyed the free ebb and flow of postings on this site....I consider it one of its strnegths. However, if you guys who are into trains take over this otherwise interesting thread too much you'll scare others off!! Could I suggest a new thread, maybe? In the nicest possible way, you understand.......

Cheers

Mike

Yebbut it`s so much fun hijacking threads :lol: :lol: :lol:.

Don`t worry Mike i`m off to find a Deltic forum :roll: :shock: :D

Mike Garnham":1w5si4lm said:

Cheers

Mike

You're right. Does anyone visit any other forums (or read blogs - ref the other thread) about turning? :D

Now I'm not whingeing before anyone says otherwise, but after being villified for speaking about politics, I joined the UKdebate site, I have made many friends and there is even a cellar facility if you want to go one to one and get up close, all in all I'd give it 9/10, especially for the entertainment value and the sheer broad spectrum of the members, I still do my level best at woodworking, but when it does not go to plan, LOOK OUT UK debate. :lol:

Rich.

My apology if the moving avatar gets on anyones txts. :)

I used to post on the other woodworking forum too, but it was all pointlessly pugilistic (and they *keep* obsessing about this place), so gave up on it some time ago. Other than that I frequent a Subaru Legacy forum and a Pentax photography forum. I occasionally venture into AV and aviation forums but that's usually when I have a specific question about something.

There is more than one "other" woodworking forum. I am member of at least five, although I don't actually post on all of them or I would never get any work done.

When people are referring to the "other" forum it would be a great help to my simple understanding if they specified which other forum they are referring to.

Brittleheart":1h0hxkdf said:
There is more than one "other" woodworking forum. I am member of at least five, although I don't actually post on all of them or I would never get any work done.

When people are referring to the "other" forum it would be a great help to my simple understanding if they specified which other forum they are referring to.

they are talking about woodworkuk.com , which i think was basically started by a bunch of members who splintered from here a couple of years back after "artistic differences" (i'm not up on all the details and not going to open that can of worms anyway), plus many members here are members there too - hence the denotion as the "other" forum.

Thanks BSM

I thought I was just being a bit thick. Most forums have their moments, but I didn't recognise some of the individuals and behaviours referred to. Now I know why.

Cheers

Walter

I've never posted on 'tother forum but did read it for some time, till I found a poster there who had been removed from here due to his insulting language, and discovered that he was just as bad there!
There's no place like home!

Roy.

The only other forum that I look at regularly is Bike Radar, http://www.bikeradar.co.uk, for all things cycling related.

I occasionally look at the 28 days later site, facinating stuff there.

BTW. Is the first picture a Deltic? No head code aand three windows I thought was a Peak (1 to 10 range) class 44. Such a long time since I was interested in trains I could easily be wrong.

Bob

bobscarle":z82ixhj8 said:
BTW. Is the first picture a Deltic? No head code aand three windows I thought was a Peak (1 to 10 range) class 44. Such a long time since I was interested in trains I could easily be wrong.

Bob

The top picture is an English Electric Type 4 which became BR class 40 in the 1970's. This particular locomotive is the restored D306 "Atlantic Conveyor"

Sorry
3734165949_3babf5f807_o.gif
I know :oops:

"The other place" works for the Lords and the Commons, so why not? :lol:

Given up posting pretty much everywhere, including here 'til recently, but my secret vice is the Life On Mars/Ashes to Ashes fandom, and I do post on the various fora there on a regular basis. To be honest it's mainly to keep up with friends now, the actually telly having become something of a secondary consideration.

Cheers, Alf

Alf, have you ventured out into the workshop at all of late? In the words of Ironballs, I think you need to go plane the rubbish out of something :lol:

Nice quote Tom, I'll let you have that one :D

Agree though, would be nice to think you've ventured back out into the shop and run a plane over a length of wood. For me it's getting to that time of year when I need a project piece of wood to plane every time I go in to warm myself up

I only regularly watch this forum and the Aussie forum (woodworkforums.com) - i haven't found a New Zealand based forum yet.

I'm also a member of an electric trains forum (yes we're everywhere folks :oops: :roll: :lol: ), but that particular site often goes weeks between postings. Anyway, I now drive trains for a living, so I don't want it as my hobby (anymore :oops: ).

cheers, Vann

Back