Which dovetail jig?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which dovetail jig?

• Axminster DTJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trend CDJ300

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Skyhigh_Arb

Established Member
Reaction score
Morning all,

Just been offered a Trend CDJ 300 for £25, however I like th look of the Axminster DTJ and would like to know peoples opinions of which Jig to go for.

Thanks Will

Sounds like a bargain to me , i paid £90 for the same jig some years ago , i sold it on as i didnt use it :wink:

PeterSk":wf04k2n3 said:
Are they not precisely the same tool except in different colours?

I think they are - Ive got the perform variant which is also the same but yellow

Using personal experience I can't vote as I've used neither.

The Leigh is a good jig tho. :wink:

Gary":22r6lgq2 said:
Using personal experience I can't vote as I've used neither.

The Leigh is a good jig tho. :wink:

Seconded.

If you don't want the jig dictating dimensions of the design, then a variable spacing jig is essential and the Leigh is a very very good example of the breed.

Bob

Yes the leigh would be extremely nice, however pockets are not that deep and dont see myself picking one up for £25. Its only to get me started until I can afford to upgrade.

Yes both similar just a few differences, just wondered if anyone had used either or and could share some opinions on which is better.

Thanks Will

Will , i used mine once or twice (the trend one) and then it got put on a shelf until i had a clear out , my work does not really need a dovetail jig so i sold it on .

The jig worked fine for what i needed it for and i would certainly get another especially at £25 , only thing i will say is take your time lining up the workpiece and make sure the knobs are tight :wink:

Latest posts

Back