Wheres the EZ Rail thread gone?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
matt":1o6gtmxx said:
Dino - sounds like you've become a big enough player to purchase some advertising space on this site. That, I believe, would satisfy both the interest on your product and also demonstrate that you are prepared to re-invest a little of the £benefit in the forum.

Spot on, surely it doesn't cost that much.

i know of another forum unrelated to woodwork, where as even if you mumble something about your own products or endorse yourself, you are banned straight away, no warnings nothing.

studders":1ssr1gun said:
Noel":1ssr1gun said:
I let the thread run for the whole day but as Mike C mentions it's essentially spam or more to the point free publicity.

I'll close this thread tomorrow.

That's Fairy Snuff Noel and thanks for the explanation.
Tis when posts or whole threads just seem to disappear that I get a tad miffed; then I don my 'Conspiracy Hat' and come up with some amazing theories. :lol:
A quick one line 'this thread/post has been removed because it violates rule# ' at least gives me some assurance that I'm not as mad as I thought I was and imagined something that didn't happen. :?

BTW Keep an eye on that Mike C. fella, he's well dodgy I tell ya. :lol:

Get out of here you peasant. I'm no more dodgy then a nine bob note :wink:

Matt wrote:

I think Workshop Heaven pay to advertise in this site.

Dino - sounds like you've become a big enough player to purchase some advertising space on this site. That, I believe, would satisfy both the interest on your product and also demonstrate that you are prepared to re-invest a little of the £benefit in the forum. It also means you are not compromising the moderators and alienating yourself and your product too -I for one am not about to purchase from a company that is trivialising what appears to be an easy to comprehend and fair point about advertising. It makes me wary of, for example, of the reaction to any queries or complaints that I may raise as a consumer - will I struggle too to get myself understood?

I wish you luck with your venture.

Spot on Matt, a sponsor of this forum would get all the credibility needed to post and answer questions on their product. After all with 4000 world wide agents, and a new EU outlet, a few bob in sponsorship money should not be a problem.

As I mentioned I was very interested in the thread that was deleted, but I can fully understand Noel's reasoning as to why it had to go. In fact now that Noel has spoken about it (which he did not have to do) and we have found out that he let the thread run for a whole day before it was removed, Dino should be pleased that he was given the free publicity. I for one would not be looking into a EZ system if the thread had been removed straight away and I had missed it :wink:

Thanks for the explanation Noel.

PS I blame Studders for all this, mind you I blame him for everything :lol:

Cheers

Mike [/quote]

Paul Chapman":14ffc51l said:
My perception is that there is some inconsistency in the way commercial organisations which post on here are dealt with by the mods.

I had no problem with Dino's posts. He has a great product and I reckon it was to our benefit to know more about it. I hope he manages to get a sales outlet over here because having to import the product from the States puts a lot of people off.

I wish you every success Dino :wink:

Cheers :wink:

Paul

you might be right, but imo the difference is that the likes of mathewh are not here soley to promote their product - there are loads of threads in which he just gives advice and help for the good of forum members. Hence I would imagine he gets more leeway when he does promote his site - plus as others have said he also pays to advertise here.

I might be wrong, but i have never seen dino contribute to a thread that was not directly promoting the EZ system

wizer":2rd2utao said:
IIRC Dino got there first.... Festool are playing catchup with him, they just have a bigger advertising budget

Wizer, now you know thats not true :lol:

Festool had the first rail guided saw back in the 60's I believe unless Dino was doing it back in the 50's ?

I have nothing wrong with people coming up with new ideas, tools etc its great but its the way the guy goes about publicizing it on forums that gets peoples backs up. I must admit for once he didn't even mention how it was BETTER than Festool this time like he normally does :D .

Chris. I was not referring to the rail. More the MFT-like functions. The Bridge in particular. I can't quite remember the full story, but something is telling me that Dino won a court case against them about 4-5yrs ago.

WOW that was quick :D

Yeah Im not sure about that side of it but you gotta admit he has some funny ways, like saying that people are being paid to post mis-information about his products on forums I would'nt have thought a big company like Festool would do things like that :lol:

wizer":3tm3vuc2 said:
Chris. I was not referring to the rail. More the MFT-like functions. The Bridge in particular. I can't quite remember the full story, but something is telling me that Dino won a court case against them about 4-5yrs ago.

Tom,
This is false information.
We have few patents and many pending applications but we never take anyone to court...yet.

The true is that we notified few companies for possible patent infringements...

Look at the repeaters, antisplintering on the right side of the cut,
two directional guide rails and antikickback features.
All the above are included in our patents.

Another FACT(s) that was reported to FTC ( federal trade comm.)
is the way our competition breaking the "spirit" of the trade laws.

Reviewers that received free tools and gifts or $$$ and the companies that supporting this type of marketing are liable for $10.000 fine per incident.

The info that you have is simply wrong.
The only records that we have is a decision by AU FTC that our competition had to pay a big fine for price fixing.

thanks

chippy1970":2nbg4jmo said:

Yeah Im not sure about that side of it but you gotta admit he has some funny ways, like saying that people are being paid to post mis-information about his products on forums I would'nt have thought a big company like Festool would do things like that :lol:

Chippy, Do you think that I will put my reputation in line and be liable for making false accusations vs my competition without having the facts?

Anyone can sue me for posting lies against them... but they dont.
Think about this now...they don't like the outcome of this case because they're dirty and guilty.

thanks.
I was going to stay away from this but knowing that info is wrong I have a moral obligation to present the facts.
By not doing that I'm guilty of helping the spreading of misinformation.
I will protect the true even if that helps my competition.
On the other hand, I will report them and expose them...
ONLY WITH FACTS.

Thanks.

must have been gossip then or over excited spiel...

YCF Dino":2nl7b5n0 said:
chippy1970":2nl7b5n0 said:

Chippy, Do you think that I will put my reputation in line and be liable for making false accusations vs my competition without having the facts?

Think about this now...they don't like the outcome of this case because they're dirty and guilty.

thanks.
I was going to stay away from this but knowing that info is wrong I have a moral obligation to present the facts.
ONLY WITH FACTS.

Thanks.

its this sort of post (and the one above) that make me think dino is a total and utter . and make less inclined to buy his products

but what i like is that he says he will only post facts - yet the allegation that reviwers are bribed to be predjudiced against his product is totally unsubstantiated by any facts whatsoever.

big soft moose":19u1c5nm said:
YCF Dino":19u1c5nm said:
chippy1970":19u1c5nm said:

thanks.
ONLY WITH FACTS.

Thanks.

its this sort of post (and the one above) that make me think dino is a total and utter . and make less inclined to buy his products

but what i like is that he says he will only post facts - yet the allegation that reviwers are bribed to be predjudiced against his product is totally unsubstantiated by any facts whatsoever.

Sorry Moose - but I see nothing wrong with that post, he is just setting an issue straight, nothing .-like about it IMO

big soft moose":2h0ct1vx said:

Woodshopdemo.com

Gary Katz.

FHB.

Do you like more facts?

Search at the FOG (Festool Owners Group)
There you can find the biggest CON-Operation in the tool world today.
Even FOG members got very upset about it.
THEY DEMANDED full disclosures in reviews.

Same "paid" reviewers was against anything that we invented...

I have no time to follow this thread but you sked for it.

One great example is FHB ( Fine home building)
I demoed the repeaters 5 years ago and when Festool finally re-invent the repeaters they post it that this is a Festool Invention.

Few free tools go a long way and the internet market is full of this type of activities...while the FTC is forced to pay extra inspectors to prosecute
the violators...( started Jan 2010)

The funny pert? My taxes are paying for all the above and my company was damaged from all this Illegal activities.

You will never see my company to play "price fixing"
If you like to learn more, do your homework.
Or call me at my cell 732-259-9984

KATHAROS OURANOS ASTRAPES DEN FOVATE.
Ask a Greek to translate the above.
Then you know how to talk about and with me.

Thanks.

YCF Dino":2bn9vbyd said:
Noel":2bn9vbyd said:
I let the thread run for the whole day but as Mike C mentions it's essentially spam or more to the point free publicity. Simply because it's WW related makes little difference.
It's unfair to those sponsors that pay for advertising on the site, many who market and sell similar devices to EZ. Why should they pay for space and then see a thread started by a business for free?

Dino Makropoulos has been banned from this site in the past and from many WW forums across the web for spamming. He may be enthusiastic about his product but I'm sure Billy Moffet from Smelly Trainers.com is just as enthusiastic about his product.

Never for spamming. If I was to spam do you think I will use my name?
Only because I provided info to correct misinformation that many times was posted by paid misinformers.

For those that wish to find out more about EZ please go to to Sawmill Creek or elsewhere.

Are you telling the forum that they can't talk about ez here?

For those that think others "get away with similar things" please provide more details.

I'll close this thread tomorrow.

Why tomorrow Neal?
You don't like my poem? :roll:

Do you like to post a note to the forum that they can only talk about sponsors products here?

If I was banned from this forum why I was allowed to post here?
I use the same name and password without any problem.
Same goes for many other forums that you was told that I was banned.

I have no problem for you closing the thread but you don't have the right
to say things that simply aren't true.

Many forums welcome innovation and my membership.
I received many requests to join forums and post about my inventions but I don't have the time for that.
Even today I received two.
The reason that I posted here was because I know that my info can be very usefull to the members of this forum.

Looking for feedback for a new invention is withing
the spirit of the "forum".

In a life full of Spam ....

btw, the new forum for ez is www.tracksawforum.com
You're all welcomed there.

Neal, See you at the ez forum? :wink:

Speaking of facts, here's one -

ez dino
BANNED

Of course perhaps EZ Dino is somebody else......
And when I find a Neal I'll pass on your comments.

More importantly it's sometime a hazy line between self promotions/publicity seeking and responding to a comment or question that has been posted by a forum member. But there is little hazy about an owner of a company starting a thread shouting to the assembled audience like a Texan used car dealer about how great and apparently innovative his products are and yet to most it's simply spam, abusing the forum to further brand awareness and sales. The man in question does not contribute one iota of value to the forum in general, not one single word in the 40 or odd posts by EZ and YCF Dino has been of a WW nature other than self promotion of his product and being disparaging about other companies' products. As alluded to above he has been banned from here in the past despite being given some measure of leeway to explain and illustrate his products and he took the mickey by continually spamming the site which led to his first ban. I think you'll find that this has been a common trait across the WW / construction and other areas of the web over the past few years as anybody will know who has been browsing around the world of WW over the past few years will be aware of.
I'm quite sure the EZ products are handy enough, well made and do as described on the tin but best not to try to hijack a forum and attempt to get a free ride in the hope of further income.

With regard to the comments concerning WH and the guy who asked for opinions on his handsaw device. I don't think anyone would begrudge a bloke who appears to be starting out and wanted people's thoughts on something he had developed for cutting angles etc with a handsaw. Much like EZ he was given some freedom to pitch his idea. He only lasted 3 posts or so, wonder if he went any further with it?
As for Matthew from WH to the best of my knowledge he has never been guilty of abusing the site to further his business in the manner EZ has. He contributes to the forum generally, helps out members who are discussing a product he may sell or is familiar with and also seems to express a genuine interest in all things WW. I've never met the man nor purchased from his company but he seems decent enough and helpful. The fact that he has purchased banner space is somewhat irrelevant. Doing so does not give an advertiser the right to abuse the general forums.
Others such as Robin Lee, Nick (Jetman) to name two are in a similar
situation. They help, sort out various issues and are assets to the site.
As I mentioned earlier it can sometimes be a blurred line between what appears to some as spam and what appears to others as helpful, intelligent contributions. I imagine another factor that has some bearing on these situations is how the person/entity in question is perceived by the general membership here and on other forums on the web. Some people let their product do the talking, others don't.

In many ways furthering this thread and keeping it near the top of this forum is giving EZ plenty of airtime, for today anyway.

There's one person missing from this thread - Nikki.

Noel":1yei6l46 said:
There's one person missing from this thread - Nikki.

Whom is now deceased?

Sadly no need for the question mark Tom.

So why the need to say that he is missing from the thread?????

I've obviously missed something.

Karl":ecia90st said:
So why the need to say that he is missing from the thread?????

I've obviously missed something.

It may have something to do with Niki getting involved in previous EZ threads. Where he did not take kindly to EZ aka Dino getting around the ban by using another name.

https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/the- ... light=niki

By the way Noel thanks for the explanation as to why you deleted the thread :wink:

Cheers

Mike

Noel":34kxpjrz said:
YCF Dino":34kxpjrz said:
Noel":34kxpjrz said:
Speaking of facts, here's one -

ez dino
BANNED

Of course perhaps EZ Dino is somebody else......
And when I find a Neal I'll pass on your comments.

Do you think that I remember the name that I first posted here?
Look at the threads and you may find some paid trolls there
like Dan Clark.
He posted not to buy from a small american company in case the owner dies in a plane crash...
Do you remember his post? He works for Festool and if I re-enter the forum was to stop any efforts that I feel are dangerous to that small American company that happens to be mine.

I don't hide my identity and this is what counts.

Noel, sorry for using the name Neal by mistake.
That tells you how good I am with short term memory.

The results of a very bad accident...Dan Clark was right.
In case of death my costumers was out of luck.
This is why I'm stepping away and let other people and large companies to continue what I have started.
I'm an Inventor and Carpenter.
I don't know how to play the games that require high communication skills like Dan Clark and other selected reviewers that they posted in the forums that their no#1. goal is to stop me.

To late and in the interest of providing info and solutions...
here is a "good" spam.

Thanks Noel and thanks to this forum again.
What really matters to me is the success of the Dead Wood Concept and getting woodworking back to schools.

I can't lose focus until we have a true solution to a stupid problem...

This time in English.
http://tracksawforum.com/showthread.php?p=4809#post4809

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back