Wheres the EZ Rail thread gone?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ByronBlack

Established Member
Reaction score
What happened to the ez rail/powerbench thread, there was some info on there that I wanted to read - I'm assuming there was a reply to my request to Dino for some info, but I can't seem to find it.

I know Dino got a hard rep a few years ago and upset some people. My guess the reason for the deletion was that Dino was basically spamming his product and not actually taking part. Thing is, other people seem to get away with it...

WTF?

There was nothing wrong the thread, dino was asking for Opinions on his product - I don't see it as any different to that thread about the handsaw widget that was on here for a while.

ByronBlack":2cg4cv88 said:

My thought too. As an owner of the basic system I was interested in the news there might be a European based outlet soon.

About time the rules were applied fairly, regardless of who.

I hope he does sort out a UK distro. He had bad luck twice with guys sensationally letting him down over here. Sounds like he is just going to run the Euro bit from Greece. Will still be costly postage, not even sure there will be much diff between the US and Greece. Tho thinking, do we avoid customs within the EU?

Sometimes the rules do seem silly as I was really interested in that thread, and I didn't even get my questioned answered. But on the other hand rules are the rules, and we would soon be complaining if Billy Moffet from Smelly Shoes and Trainers Ltd invaded us with spam like they have done in the past. And I maybe wrong, but didn't Dino get read the riot act a couple of years ago for the very same thing.

I think that the mods should be able to use their discretion and if a thread is benefitting the forum then they can decide to leave it.

Cheers

Mike

Guys,
I understand the moderators job and I hope that they understand that
I was a carpenter/cabinetmaker for 25 years and I love woodworking as much as I love my Fiat.

To me, a new way/tool with real benefits is not Spam.
if I see or find a safer and better better way to work, I have to share my findings with fellow woodworkers.
I use the very same tools that we make and sell.

I tried to get and I did received very valuable feedback.
I like to thank the members and the moderators.

All my life I walked very fine lines and I always
try to see from the other side.

How about some poetry and forget about tools for a moment?
--------------------------------------------
I forgot the title. :roll:

I realized that I was a good receiver
and I was going to become an easy prey.

" for the wild animals...
fences watchdogs and fairytales"

And I saw the only way out
it was from within...

And I started talking.
Not because I wanted to
I don't want to listen.
-------------------------------------------

Thanks again and thanks.

Is the the thread about the 'Italian' guy abusing his assistant and telling him what & how to cut wood with some device that looked like Festooll had already covered?.
Will find the thread unless of course it has been deleted!!.

Nope, it's defiantly gone.

IIRC Dino got there first.... Festool are playing catchup with him, they just have a bigger advertising budget

I let the thread run for the whole day but as Mike C mentions it's essentially spam or more to the point free publicity. Simply because it's WW related makes little difference. It's of no importance if some feel that the thread is benefiting the forum, the more important point in this case is that the thread is benefiting, commercially, EZ, somehow I think it was.

It's unfair to those sponsors that pay for advertising on the site, many who market and sell similar devices to EZ. Why should they pay for space and then see a thread started by a business for free?

Dino Makropoulos has been banned from this site in the past and from many WW forums across the web for spamming. He may be enthusiastic about his product but I'm sure Billy Moffet from Smelly Trainers.com is just as enthusiastic about his product.

For those that wish to find out more about EZ please go to to Sawmill Creek or elsewhere.

For those that think others "get away with similar things" the report button isn't far away from you.

I'll close this thread tomorrow.

Noel":3l8mj6cq said:
I let the thread run for the whole day but as Mike C mentions it's essentially spam or more to the point free publicity. Simply because it's WW related makes little difference.
It's unfair to those sponsors that pay for advertising on the site, many who market and sell similar devices to EZ. Why should they pay for space and then see a thread started by a business for free?

Dino Makropoulos has been banned from this site in the past and from many WW forums across the web for spamming. He may be enthusiastic about his product but I'm sure Billy Moffet from Smelly Trainers.com is just as enthusiastic about his product.

Never for spamming. If I was to spam do you think I will use my name?
Only because I provided info to correct misinformation that many times was posted by paid misinformers.

For those that wish to find out more about EZ please go to to Sawmill Creek or elsewhere.

Are you telling the forum that they can't talk about ez here?

For those that think others "get away with similar things" please provide more details.

Why tomorrow Neal?
You don't like my poem? :roll:

Do you like to post a note to the forum that they can only talk about sponsors products here?

If I was banned from this forum why I was allowed to post here?
I use the same name and password without any problem.
Same goes for many other forums that you was told that I was banned.

I have no problem for you closing the thread but you don't have the right
to say things that simply aren't true.

Many forums welcome innovation and my membership.
I received many requests to join forums and post about my inventions but I don't have the time for that.
Even today I received two.
The reason that I posted here was because I know that my info can be very usefull to the members of this forum.

Looking for feedback for a new invention is withing
the spirit of the "forum".

In a life full of Spam ....

btw, the new forum for ez is www.tracksawforum.com
You're all welcomed there.

Neal, See you at the ez forum? :wink:

wizer":2zf0h0ts said:
IIRC Dino got there first.... Festool are playing catchup with him, they just have a bigger advertising budget

Tom,
Not for long.
Until now, eurekazone was an invention company with a small shop.
By next year, the ez product line is going to be available worldwide
with 4000 dealers waiting for the new management team to start selling
when the factories in GR and S.Carolina are up and running.
In UK we already have many dealers lined up.
All that because of your support and trust in a small company.

Thank you guys.
Neal, I will give you the favor and stay away from your forum.
But please, don't tell the members to go in other forum if they like to fing info about ez. That makes this forum look bad and nobody likes that.

Nobody likes my poem? :?

By guys.
Again, Thanks for your time and your valuable feedbacks

Noel":1jqscy11 said:
I let the thread run for the whole day but as Mike C mentions it's essentially spam or more to the point free publicity.

That's Fairy Snuff Noel and thanks for the explanation.
Tis when posts or whole threads just seem to disappear that I get a tad miffed; then I don my 'Conspiracy Hat' and come up with some amazing theories. :lol:
A quick one line 'this thread/post has been removed because it violates rule# ' at least gives me some assurance that I'm not as mad as I thought I was and imagined something that didn't happen. :?

BTW Keep an eye on that Mike C. fella, he's well dodgy I tell ya. :lol:

I think they have to protect the interests of the sponsors as they pay the way here i suppose.

However would be interesting to see what the likes of the sponsors thought of dino's products as they could be a distibution avenue for the ez saw

I think Workshop Heaven pay to advertise in this site.

Dino - sounds like you've become a big enough player to purchase some advertising space on this site. That, I believe, would satisfy both the interest on your product and also demonstrate that you are prepared to re-invest a little of the £benefit in the forum. It also means you are not compromising the moderators and alienating yourself and your product too -I for one am not about to purchase from a company that is trivialising what appears to be an easy to comprehend and fair point about advertising. It makes me wary of, for example, of the reaction to any queries or complaints that I may raise as a consumer - will I struggle too to get myself understood?

I wish you luck with your venture.

My perception is that there is some inconsistency in the way commercial organisations which post on here are dealt with by the mods.

I had no problem with Dino's posts. He has a great product and I reckon it was to our benefit to know more about it. I hope he manages to get a sales outlet over here because having to import the product from the States puts a lot of people off.

I wish you every success Dino :wink:

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back