Where can I get this part?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeterF

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get a replacement for a Kedu JD2 relay switch? It's for an SIP planer thicknesser. I don't care if it's a different make - I just want to get something that fits, but I don't know what to look for.

Edit: It's a 3hp motor btw...

Thanks for the suggestions, but the SIP spare has been discontinued since it's an old model (even if it hadn't, it was £127!), and the switch also has a 3 way selector to select planer or thicknesser mode. I haven't found any that have that on. I suppose it would be possible to get them separately and wire them together, but I don't have a clue about electrics.

Hi Peter,

I am also looking for this part, or at least the solenoid switch component from inside the control box.

Did you have any luck?

I have repaired the switch twice (cleaning up the internal contacts, which must spark a lot given the state they get into) but having a spare would allow me to switch a dud one out quickly and get on with my woodwork. Repairing the dud when a free moment arises.

I'll put a video up on YouTube of how I fix this part - hopefully of use to others out there. Look out for it on the WOmadeOD channel.

Mitch

PeterF":2vbrcc8k said:
Thanks for the suggestions, but the SIP spare has been discontinued since it's an old model (even if it hadn't, it was £127!), and the switch also has a 3 way selector to select planer or thicknesser mode. I haven't found any that have that on. I suppose it would be possible to get them separately and wire them together, but I don't have a clue about electrics.

If you are unsure, seek a professional, especially when you are looking at 3hp electrics.

WOmadeOD":j79m03xc said:
Hi Peter,

I am also looking for this part, or at least the solenoid switch component from inside the control box.

Did you have any luck?

I have repaired the switch twice (cleaning up the internal contacts, which must spark a lot given the state they get into) but having a spare would allow me to switch a dud one out quickly and get on with my woodwork. Repairing the dud when a free moment arises.

I'll put a video up on YouTube of how I fix this part - hopefully of use to others out there. Look out for it on the WOmadeOD channel.

Mitch
No I didn't manage to find one, but I got an electrician friend to look at it and he found the contacts had actually melted together inside it, so he cleaned them up and it's running fine. Good video btw... It would have helped me a lot if I'd seen it before!

Latest posts

Back