Elektra Beckum BAS 315 Band saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've just been offered one of these, but it needs some parts to make it work again. In particular it needs a Lower table trunnion.
I've searched the interweb and the best I can find is the odd post from 20 years ago.
Does anyone know where I can get spares from?
Is there a different machine that parts fit?
Most machines seem to be from the same factory with only the colour and name changed.
Finally, it this machine worth the effort?

I have a record power dmb65 which is a rebadged BAS315, you could try record power for spares but I suspect you might not have much luck.

I like my machine, it’s small and has an alloy table and fence but has served me well enough. It’s probably not worth spending a lot of money on though given the price of newer equivalents. I replaced the motor on mine and the bandsaw guides and wheel rubbers, and apart from that just consumable blades.

I have a record power dmb65 which is a rebadged BAS315, you could try record power for spares but I suspect you might not have much luck.

I like my machine, it’s small and has an alloy table and fence but has served me well enough. It’s probably not worth spending a lot of money on though given the price of newer equivalents. I replaced the motor on mine and the bandsaw guides and wheel rubbers, and apart from that just consumable blades.
Hi. I've just searched the Record Power support site for the manual and can't find 'record power dmb65' in their library

The best source for Elektra Beckum machines, support, and parts is Michael Klein in Malsfeld, Germany. Michael rebuilds the older green EB product line, but does have a few blue machines prior to EB selling to Metabo. Machines that leave his shop have a two-year warranty from him and look like they just left the assembly line. I've been to his shop/factory, which is a former brewery, and it is full of machines in various stages of rebuilding.

He only sells and communicates online via Kleinanzeigen (formerly called eBay Kleinanzeigen) and here is a link to the lower trunion for the BAS 450, 500, and 600 saws. In the text of the listing, he writes that the trunion is also available for the BAS 315 and 350.

https://www.kleinanzeigen.de/s-anze...halterung-tischverstellung/2638387611-84-4422

Michael's English is not very good, so if you don't read and write well in German, I recommend using an online translation tool such as DeepL. I don't know if he will ship the trunion to the UK, but he ships all over Europe.

The best source for Elektra Beckum machines, support, and parts is Michael Klein in Malsfeld, Germany. Michael rebuilds the older green EB product line, but does have a few blue machines prior to EB selling to Metabo. Machines that leave his shop have a two-year warranty from him and look like they just left the assembly line. I've been to his shop/factory, which is a former brewery, and it is full of machines in various stages of rebuilding.

He only sells and communicates online via Kleinanzeigen (formerly called eBay Kleinanzeigen) and here is a link to the lower trunion for the BAS 450, 500, and 600 saws. In the text of the listing, he writes that the trunion is also available for the BAS 315 and 350.

https://www.kleinanzeigen.de/s-anze...halterung-tischverstellung/2638387611-84-4422

Michael's English is not very good, so if you don't read and write well in German, I recommend using an online translation tool such as DeepL. I don't know if he will ship the trunion to the UK, but he ships all over Europe.
Thanks very much. Had a quick look at the site. That part cost 3 times as much as the machine cost me, yikes. I'll email about the 315 trunnion to see if it's cheaper, but it looks like I'll need to find an alternative option

You could skip the trunnion and mount the table such that it is perpendicular to the blade. I honestly can't remember ever tilting the table to do any cutting in over 50 years. Recently on another forum a gent showed a bandsaw he bought that didn't have a table so he made a new one with a thick sheet of phenolic (Micarta) and I believe it doesn't tilt either.

Pete

Just looked again and the saw came with the trunnions but no top.

Last edited:
You could skip the trunnion and mount the table such that it is perpendicular to the blade. I honestly can't remember ever tilting the table to do any cutting in over 50 years. Recently on another forum a gent showed a bandsaw he bought that didn't have a table so he made a new one with a thick sheet of phenolic (Micarta) and I believe it doesn't tilt either.

Pete

Just looked again and the saw came with the trunnions but no top.
I'm thinking of seeing if I can get a steel plate made to brace it

Back