Where can I get Bandsaw Tyres for a JET 12" ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peterthegardener

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm new on this forum and I recently bought a 12" JET bandsaw from a member here, the JWBS 12OB. Now I may have done something wrong but I expect it was just the age of the tyre, anyway the lower wheel tyre trashed itself all round the V belt the very first time I used it. So now I am looking for a pair of new tyres (presumably it is better to replace both at this point, if one has gone then the other may go soon?) The machine still has Axminster Tool logos stuck on it so I tried ringing them - but they can no longer source parts for this saw. I have done a little looking online and there are American dealers on the web and on eBay who offer either JET parts or their own brand, but I could not spot any UK suppliers.

Do folk here know of any British suppliers or do you have any experience of these American firms

Thanks

Peter

Hi Peter
Welcome to the Forum
I'm surprised to hear that Axi can't help out, they are usually very good.
Scott & Sergeant used to sell bandsaw tyre material by the metre, I don't know if they still do. Otherwise, try other manufacturers of 12" machines. If the width of the wheel is the same, then the tyres will fit.
Steve

Try PM or e-mail to member Jetman at Brimarc, I know they are associated with Axy but he may just have a knowledge of a supply source.

Hello, Pete, Same thing happened to me. I needed a set for my 10" bandsaw recently.
Just went bang and I'd only used the saw a few times.
I bought a set from the internet (E bay) Bandsaw tyre warehouse, an American firm. I was very pleased as i was not able to find a supplier any where in the good old UK. Just enter bandsaw tyres, on Ebay.
They didn't have my bandsaw type listed but i messaged them size of the wheels and thickness of the original tyre.
Apparently gaurenteed for life. the man says he'll send you a new set F.O.C. should you have any problems.
Bit fiddly to fit but they will send you a useful tool that's quite effective.
Recommended! Regards Rodders.

Hi Peter, I'll look into it tomorrow for you, but the likelyhood is that due to the fact that machine hasn't been sold for a long time we wont have those specific tyres in stock, as mentioned by the person you spoke to at Axminster.
I'll check the other 12" tyres we have for a compatible width, as Steve said - they will fit.
I'll post back here tomorrow
Cheers
Nick

Hi Peter - I did my best to try and get the exact width/spec but drew a blank as your bandsaw is likely up to 20 years old - best bet is suggested by blackrodd and steve I reckon

Sorry I couldn't help you out any more - I was hoping it would be an easy 'yes this is it - and this is the price etc' but just 'no can do' I'm afraid from my side.

Best regards
Nick
Brimarc/Jet

As the original "rubber" tyres have failed on these machines, is it not a good idea to buy and fit replacement long lasting urethane tyres that can't rot away as the original have? I did contemplate fitting any 10" tyres to my bandsaw but decided that as the rest of the machine was all good, I would get (I hope) longer lasting ones.
I must say that the guarding was excellent on this saw, (M C 251), totally effective when the tyre shredded and the saw came off!
Regards Rodders

The "nice" thing (for want of a better expression) about bandsaws is that when things do fail the saw stops instantly. The wheels may go round for a bit but the blade stops as quickly as you could hope for.
S

My old Startrite uses bonded on rubber tyres which seem to be horrendously expensive to replace like with like.
As and when the time comes for my bandsaw to have new tyres, I plan to use flat or poly vee rubber belting sold for automotive alternator drive belts and the like as a source of material. I'd cut and stick these onto the band wheels with a scarfed joint.

just my 2p

Peterthegardener":22125nko said:
Thanks for all of these replies, I have ordered a pair from Bandsaw Tyre Warehouse (eBay) and I'll see how they go

I'm sure you will be as pleased as i was, I look forward to you're opinion on the fixing tool. Regards Rodders

Back