Axminster bandsaw AT3327B lower blade guide

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bodger7

Established Member
Reaction score
After problems with my bandsaw I discovered that one of the lower blade guides has disappeared and I assume that I have thrown it away when cleaning out the sawdust. An enquiry with Axminster indicates that they have no spares in stock and delivery time is between 6 to 8 weeks. From other threads on this site I think that it is possible that other makes of bandsaw will have identical parts fitted. Can anyone suggest a supplier please? I am in the middle of fitting new blade and would prefer not to have to wait 8 weeks. I hope that I have uploaded/downloaded (?) 3 photo's. The bearing is 35mm in diameter with a 15mm shaft and the knurled knob is 19mm. I will be very grateful for any help as I am a bit stuck without my bandsaw. Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_3674.jpg
    IMG_3674.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3673.jpg
    IMG_3673.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3672.jpg
    IMG_3672.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 0
Panic over. After posting this message I decided to contact Axminster head office to double check the position over the spare parts (my original enquiry was with my unnamed local branch). They responded very quickly with a follow up question and later confirmed that they DID have the parts in stock and the cost was considerably less than that given to me at my local store. Parts now ordered and Axminster couldn't have dealt with my query any better. I suspect that the guy at the local store had difficulty in identifying the relevant part as did I.
(y) Axminster.

Overall , are you happy with the saw?
It's not too bad but I find it odd that there is a slot to insert the blade running across the table and this creates a place where wood can, and does, catch. The table was not completely flat. Wood also catches on the circular recess around the blade. At the time I sent a video of the problem to Axminster but they denied being able to see what was abundantly clear to me. If faced with buying a new one I would look at other makes, such as Record, first.

Latest posts

Back