What's your Jack?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lie Nielsen 62 low angle, early narrow Stanley 5 1/2 with a light camber, WS 5 1/2 with a heavily cambered Quangsheng blade for when things get frustrating...

I'm not sure if you would call it a jack, but my every day user is this 13 1/2 inch panel plane by George buck (but almost certainly by Stuart Spiers) Fitted with it's original marples tapered iron. I just love this plane and use it for just about anything around the workshop.

... It is a monster, and it just powers through the hardest wood ...

BuildingaJackPlane_html_m1d47a67f.jpg

You could have a matching set...

http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/page.a ... ,230,41182

That's a lovely looking thing :)

richarnold":2rywiqau said:
I'm not sure if you would call it a jack, but my every day user is this 13 1/2 inch panel plane by George buck (but almost certainly by Stuart Spiers) Fitted with it's original marples tapered iron. I just love this plane and use it for just about anything around the workshop.

No. five record (quite a new one, came with plastic handles) with a Hock blade with a nice camber on it. It's my favourite plane. I changed the plastic handles — ergh.

A new Stanley no5 with quangsheng blade and Clifton 2 piece cap iron. I have a veritas LA Jack which I use for most other things, but not for heavy stock removal as I don't camber the blade.

I have a home made scrub plane for really heavy stock removal

John

Back