What would you do

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JFC

Established Member
Reaction score
I spoke to a forumite today that found my reaction to a customer banging on my door and then windows at 9pm quite amusing . Id done a quick £50 job for him a few months ago and we talked about his shop refurb comming up ( Right now so it seems ) Anyway for my own valid reasons i didn't answer the door so he started banging on the windows ........ What would you do ?

Depending on how he treated you the first time you worked for him, and how much you want the shop refurb job, my reaction would vary from opening the door and telling him politely to come back during working hours or just shouting through an open window to stuff his shop refit where the sun doesn't shine and ferk off.

Did he know you were in?

If he didn't, I would have left him out in the cold and then spoke to him during working hours the next day.

Encroachment of personal time was one of my biggest problems when I worked for myself at home, clients would think nothing of phoning me at night, emailing me in the evening and complaining that I didn't respond until the next morning, I'm sure some people think that because you work from home they are entitled to bug you at all hours.

i'd turn the stereo up, grab a bottle of cider from the fridge, and a pint glass from the cupboard. if he was still there by the time i'd finished drinking it, i'd go and see what he wanted.

Hi Jason

DomValente":vgxo3akk said:
I think you should send everyone a PM and tell them what you said and did. I'm still laughing :lol:

Could I have a copy please?

Cheers,
Neil

Personally I don't answer the door at all if I am not expecting a visitor. That may seem odd, but I just don't have time for cold callers of any sort.

My view is that if someone wants to contact you about business then they have to do it in business hours (plus or minus).

I won't answer phonecalls at 9pm (answerphone is on), let alone answer the door. Banging on windows is totally unacceptable.

Go on - what did you do??

I cant say here i will get banned :lol:
But i told him i heard him the first ******* time and to **** *** !
He called the next day to discuss work :shock:

Did you ignore it long enough for him to get bored and leave. Then wait until midnight and go around to his house and bang on his windows to ask what he wanted :D

Ian

JFC":k3z8c0ok said:

Not the full story :lol: :lol:

I think it was more like "I heard you the first ******** time and if I didn't answer the front door, why would I answer when you knock on the ******** window."
Oh and there was a cat and an umbrella pole involved.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dom

Regarding the out of hours contact i wonder what you would do if work was hard to come by if we were in say a recession. Its been 15 years since the last one so the next can not be far of.
Personally i like to be told where i stand when trying to arrange for work to be done so i can make other arrangement if required.
We can all understand some one purchasing something and getting excited so they can hardly wait for it to be delivered i see a similarity here.

DomValente":h5dtjvwh said:
JFC":h5dtjvwh said:

Not the full story :lol: :lol:

I think it was more like "I heard you the first ******** time and if I didn't answer the front door, why would I answer when you knock on the ******** window."
Oh and there was a cat and an umbrella pole involved.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dom

It's amazing what a a few carefully selected chosen words can do :lol: :lol: :lol: , but where does the cat and umbrella pole come into it :?

Martin

Back