What wood is this

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnluc

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
has anyone heard of a wood i get in france called "tulipo" i assumed when i bought it it was tulip wood but after seeing Blisters clock and comments about it being poplar and is white, i now know its not, my wood is like a flesh colour,quite hard and finishes well. johnluc

johnluc, is it possible to post a picture of the wood? Secondly, did you read the reply to Blister tet I did regarding the confusion surrounding tulipwood and poplar?

Whitley":4ue3h8io said:
johnluc, is it possible to post a picture of the wood?
would love to post pictures but as a complete novice i do not know how,i am sure i have read recently here how to, but cant find link,
johnluc

Johnluc.
Join photbucket,it's free.
http://photobucket.com/
And follow these instructions.

It was put on an earlier post.
I will now try and explain how i do it with the thumnails.
When you have logged into PB,click on BROWSE This will let you look at the piccys you want in your folder.Click on the piccy than press OPEN When you have selected the piccys you want click on the UPLOADtag.This will bring your piccys to your PB folder.
When the piccy is their,there is a small square box below your piccy,click in this box putting a tick in it.
Then scroll to the bottom of the page where you will see some other boxes,click on the last box saying GENERATE HTML AND IMG CODE.
On the next page click on the third box down.This will copy your piccy.
Now go back to the forum page and just right click and paste,this will put the url in the box.Click on PREVIEW under the box to see if your piccy is their.If it is great.
When you upload more than one piccy you will have to seperate them at the end of each url.
HTH.

Johnluc,

Perhpas you have real tulipwood, rather than the wood of the tulip tree (try google images). I believe it's a tropical hardwood, more red in colour and quite hard, but never used any myself.

Cheers,

Dod

woodturnings001-1.jpg
woodturnings003.jpg

woodturnings002-1.jpg

woodturnings001-1.jpg

tulipo turnings hope they show ok spent all afternoon working it out how to send.

Hi and welcome

Looks good but not the same as my clock wood

Nice edge on the bowl I like the black edge very much :lol:

Looks like you all eat lots of cakes judging by all the cake stands :lol:

MMMmmmmm Cake :p :p

I may have your wood for you johnluc - Brazilian Tulipwood, 'Dalbergia Frutescens' aka Pau Rosa, Bois de Rose etc.....you'll find some images if you trawl the web.

Chris.

Scrums":zypcsrsh said:
I may have your wood for you johnluc - Brazilian Tulipwood, 'Dalbergia Frutescens' aka Pau Rosa, Bois de Rose etc.....

thanks chris you may well be right, thought my local timber yard only sold local timber, will ask if his "TULIPO" is imported. johnluc

Back