What tool did you buy today?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
adidat":36wvz2yo said:
Bit of sad a story, bought it off this guy from iran who is pretty fantastic enginner producing excellent model steam engines. He had never had the chance to steam them up as the guys at his local club, made him feel unwelcome purely over the colour of his skin. In this day an age you would think a club like that would be welcoming any younger decent egineers with open arms.Adidat
There are some short sighted and incredibly bigoted people out there :roll: makes me feel ashamed for them sometimes.

EDIT:
Just seen the date on the original post OOPs :oops:

Well I didn't buy it, swimbo ordered me to learn how to use it and cut out 16m of polycotton to make scrubs.
A ROTARY CUTTER
gm0ieqTA.jpeg
Brian

Attachments

• gm0ieqTA.jpeg
    gm0ieqTA.jpeg
    220.9 KB · Views: 141
Yojevol":272nem28 said:
Well I didn't buy it, swimbo ordered me to learn how to use it and cut out 16m of polycotton to make scrubs.
A ROTARY CUTTERBrian

Seems like a good opportunity to modify a cnc machine :D

craigsalisbury":1253bd9a said:
Yojevol":1253bd9a said:
A ROTARY CUTTERBrian

Seems like a good opportunity to modify a cnc machine :D
The local group organising this effort are getting kits machine cut. The pink pattern here is one of them. We purchased the green material to do the job ourselves.
Brian

My first Liogier rasp and riffler. I’ve been promising myself one since I first saw Noel’s video about how they are made, years ago. Now that Workshop Heaven are carrying them, I decided I could justify it because they weren’t coming all the way from France :D

I have to say, they are not over-rated! Both cut beautifully, with little of no sanding apparently required in the tests I’ve done. I can’t wait to use them in anger.

I needed some Caulk from Toolstation and since they upped their free delivery minimum from £10 to £25 I spent £70 on clamps. :roll:

Can never have too many clamps.

#ItsAlwaysBetterWithPics
49841237822_a99e337578_c.jpg

Didn't buy today, but should be receiving 3 long slicks from japan (not sure if I can find a way to use them).

Their slicks are the same shape as their paring chisels, except they're about 24" long. Relatively reasonable when bought used from japan through the auction site over there.

Back