What size table saw blade 10 or 12 inch

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveLuck

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anyone help me to identify what size blade I need 10 or 12 inch.

I bought this Startrite Tilt Arbor a couple of months back and now need to get a new blade. The current blade is 10 inch however it looks as though it will take bigger.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STARTRITE-BEN ... true&rt=nc

Is it possible that this saw could have been fitted with a 10 inch when it should of been 12 or should I replace it with a 10 inch?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

If you look on the motor plate or the access panel for the blade, there should be a plate telling you the minimum size it can take.

~Nil carborundum illegitemi~

I would expect the blade to be just at or below the level of the table when at its lowest setting, so that should give a good indication of the designed standard size. I have a 10" Wadkin table saw which will also take up to a 12" blade - I usually use the smaller blade as standard but for larger dimension timber do use the larger size. Bear in mind that a larger blade will take a bit longer to stop after the saw is powered off and also continue to use the riving knife and blade guard. The riving knife/blade guard on my machine actually states 10" and 12" with a minimum blade diameter of 7"

Misterfish

Back