What is this new membership at Benchdogs ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spectric

Staff member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone else received this email regarding membership at Benchdogs and wondering what it is all about ? Perhaps they are selling shares in the company or selling discount codes.

Looks like the info has been released, cannot really see the benefits of paying a monthly subscription to get a discount unless you are spending large sums of money on a regular basis, the basic is £5 a month / £60 year and you get 5% discount or you could spend £25 month and get 15% and some other perks.

Hi all. We often had regular bank holiday discounts codes a we have now decided to give a membership offer to our regular customers who appreciate the discount. The discount is on every product including new releases ( except on collaboration products) which the discount will work every day of the year so no waiting for any sales ( which we will not run the sales days anymore except Black Friday. This also comes with other benefits depending upon which option you choose. Hope this helps.

Hi all. We often had regular bank holiday discounts codes a we have now decided to give a membership offer to our regular customers who appreciate the discount. The discount is on every product including new releases ( except on collaboration products) which the discount will work every day of the year so no waiting for any sales ( which we will not run the sales days anymore except Black Friday. This also comes with other benefits depending upon which option you choose. Hope this helps.
I’ve bought most of what I need but nice idea for someone looking to start down the benchdogs path

I’ve bought most of what I need but nice idea for someone looking to start down the benchdogs path
We have regular customers who pretty much have purchased most of our products and with a lot more products that we have planned for release this year and others in the future it would be a good benefit for them. It’s not for everyone but for those who do follow and support our brand it would be.

What about a discount for UKW members, maybe say that you need to have a 1000 post to stop someone from just joining for the discount and there are many people round here who not only follow and support the brand but also help advertise it and bring it to peoples attention. It is great to see that Benchdogs do have a lot more products planned for release and they deserve the credit for there products because we can have the quality we see from the likes of Woodpeckers but at a better price and made in the UK. I brought one of those Trend varijigs having looked at the Woodpeckers version that was way more expensive and this was before Benchdogs revealed they have one coming soon which I will be buying, the way the Trend connects together makes getting things square and to the required size a real challenge and then you find the router plate catches on the fasteners. The Benchdogs version has a much better method of connection and looks to be much more refined.

Here is an idea for Benchdogs, why not have a poll to see what items in your planed list people show greater interest in and then release them in that order.

Last edited:
What about a discount for UKW members, maybe say that you need to have a 1000 post to stop someone from just joining for the discount and there are many people round here who not only follow and support the brand but also help advertise it and bring it to peoples attention. It is great to see that Benchdogs do have a lot more products planned for release and they deserve the credit for there products because we can have the quality we see from the likes of Woodpeckers but at a better price and made in the UK. I brought one of those Trend varijigs having looked at the Woodpeckers version that was way more expensive and this was before Benchdogs revealed they have one coming soon which I will be buying, the way the Trend connects together makes getting things square and to the required size a real challenge and then you find the router plate catches on the fasteners. The Benchdogs version has a much better method of connection and looks to be much more refined.

Here is an idea for Benchdogs, why not have a poll to see what items in your planed list people show greater interest in and then release them in that order.
I can’t see why not. I would have to ask the powers that be to see if it’s ok to advertise our products on here as some forums don’t allow it.

As for a poll I can let you know what we have in the pipeline ( we’ll some of them as some are a little secret )

Set up Blocks - Metric - Sept

Story Stick - Sept
Combination Squares - Oct
Large Bevel Squares - Oct
R? - Nov
D? - Dec
R M? - Oct / Nov

Completely New project for our new building - more to be revealed in December
RSA - Jan

Attachments

• IMG_6734.jpeg
    IMG_6734.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
I can’t see why not. I would have to ask the powers that be to see if it’s ok to advertise our products on here as some forums don’t allow it.

As for a poll I can let you know what we have in the pipeline ( we’ll some of them as some are a little secret )

Set up Blocks - Metric - Sept

Story Stick - Sept
Combination Squares - Oct
Large Bevel Squares - Oct
R? - Nov
D? - Dec
R M? - Oct / Nov

Completely New project for our new building - more to be revealed in December
RSA - Jan
Do you have a physical store or just on-line?

Very weird stuff! It's like turning woodwork into some sort of uber Meccano, where you could only make progress by buying the next sized kit or some sort of special accessory. Astonishing prices too!
Don't they have chat groups of their own it would be a pity to have them on here selling stuff.

Last edited:

I'll be dead by the time I do a 1000 posts !!!
Cheers
Andrew

A quick calculation £60/yr for 5% off - that needs £1200/yr of spend to break even. I am not sure I will achieve that level of spend (although I would like to).

I do like the look of some of the new products - and it is very nice to see you taking on Woodpeckers both in terms of quality and providing metric versions.

And above all, I like the idea of supporting UK manufacturers

Quick question to Ralph - what is the status now of "SST175 and our SS Pocket triangle" - they do not appear on above list!

Latest posts

Back