• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

What do you collect

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

sammy.se

Established Member
Reaction score
I suppose I could also say I collect Deloreans, I have one at present but just about to buy another. Wife doesn't get it. To be fair I will probably sell the original one as the second is a bit special.

Buy this one Dr Bob. It's special.

Reaction score
God I must be boring, I don’t collect anything, last thing I collected was American Bubble gum cards, can still smell it now after half a century. Ian
Yes, I can imagine the smell too. Most young lads in the playground used to flick the cards trying to knock down cards that had been stood up against a wall or something equally suitable. If you were successful and knocked down the last standing card you collected 'the pot' all the cards used. Seem to remember some quite gruesome scenes on the war cards! Wouldn't get away with it now.......PC Police you know.

Peri

Established Member
Reaction score
Music. 14,000 albums (roughly).

My wife collects 'Edge' sculptures.

Last edited:

Cabinetman

Established Member
Reaction score
God that’s awful, and not cheap either. I’m surprised it’s allowed on the road with those sharp corners and edges, not what you would call subtle!

doctor Bob

Established Member
Reaction score
a few expressed interest in the second delorean I was hoping to buy. I went up to the midlands today to view it and came away empty handed. It was a very rare car, due one of 3 factory RHD, there were about another 16 but these were done by wooler hodec, had great historical value but the guy wanted top dollar and when I looked at it, it was obvious that there was a lot of work to put it right. These cars have a ceiling price and my fear was that I'd end up chucking to much at it, so walked away. So I just have a standard LHD one for the moment.

Daniel2

A Total Member !!
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
a few expressed interest in the second delorean I was hoping to buy. I went up to the midlands today to view it and came away empty handed. It was a very rare car, due one of 3 factory RHD, there were about another 16 but these were done by wooler hodec, had great historical value but the guy wanted top dollar and when I looked at it, it was obvious that there was a lot of work to put it right. These cars have a ceiling price and my fear was that I'd end up chucking to much at it, so walked away. So I just have a standard LHD one for the moment.
Oh well. Can't win them all.
Thank's for the update, though.

Lonsdale73

Established Member
Reaction score
Do inexplicable cuts and bruises count?

I've never really thought of them as 'collections' as they were all for use and regular enjoyment rather than display only but over the years I have owned and enjoyed a lot of photographic equipment, books and records/CD's.

About the only thing I'm an avid collector of now is Nectar points which I then exchange for ebay vouchers. Earlier this year, I 'bought' a brand new Axminster bandsaw, entirely paid for by nectar points converted to ebay vouchers. And yesterday I took delivery of an SK100 chuck, two thirds of it paid for by converted nectar points.

TomGW

Established Member
Reaction score
Watches. Far too many. The core of the collection is older (1970s) Omega Speedmasters (Moonwatch, MKii, Mkiii, Mkiv etc) and Heuer chronos of the same era, plus similar/related models from Tissot, Zodiac etc. I think there may be approx 60 or 70.

Hanman-Tools

Reaction score
I have over the years collected old Tool Makers Catalogues, nowadays they are going for a bit too much so not so many additions lately.

Latest posts