What are your favourite books on the bookshelf

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DannyEssex

Established Member
Reaction score
I do love to have a good book to read and since becoming interested in woodwork I have started a small library of reference books. I find I enjoy and get more from the older books than i do from the hundreds of available modern books which apart from the cover look and read the same as each other.

My favourite books so far are:

Robert Wearing's The Essential Woodworker
Joyce's The Techniques of Furniture Making
John Bullars The Complete Guide to Joint-Making (quite a modern book)
Scot Landis The Workbench Book

And today I found for a whole pound in a charity shop.... The Practical Woodworker volume II original edition, after a quick flick through it looks like a very good addition. Im going to keep my eyes peeled for other volumes now.

So do you have any favourite books? :D

The ones that stand up straight and don't fall over :D

Does the Axminster catalogue count?

Most of the Clive Cussler books.
Collins Complete Woodworkers Manual,
Pleasure and profit from woodturning,

Pete,
Any particular book by Krenov?
I've been tempted to get one for a while and with Father's Day approaching.......
Glynne

Glynne":1m12nhkr said:
Pete,
Any particular book by Krenov?
I've been tempted to get one for a while and with Father's Day approaching.......
Glynne

The Cabinetmakers Notebook would be the be one to get first.

Pete

The ABC of Woodwork by Charles Hayward, because it's so brilliantly illustrated, and way ahead of its time
One Good Turn by Witold Rybczynski, because it's an interested take on a woodworking tool
Jack's Adventure by Edith Thacher Burd, because it helped get me into woodwork
The Nature and Art of Workmanship by David Pye, because it makes you think about how things are made

Cheers

Nick

Latest posts

Back