What are these called?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if you have multiple wires at the ceiling rose, do as sandyn suggested and use a junction box above the ceiling with just the required cable then coming down to the light. you can get boxes that fit through small holes

Boot lace ferrules can easily have the insulation removed to make a non insulated fitting, do not solder multi strand wire together unless containing the wire inside a crimp, as others have said the terminal screw if done up to the correct torque will spread the wire and not make proper contact, these are by far the best crimpers I have used, and I do have six different types including a hydraulic version for large crimps. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Preciva-0-...989121490802&ref_=sbx_be_s_sparkle_mcd_asin_1

I thought bootlace ferrules were called 'aglets'; if you mean the tag that helps thread the laces. I am a pedantic wostname at times!

John

The aglet, which is typically plastic, was invented in 1790 by Harvey Kennedy. The aglet protects the end of the shoe lace from fraying and makes the process of tying and threading the lace through the eyelet easier.

Back