What is the name for this kind of door stopper?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wend

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

A bit DIY rather than woodworking, but I wonder if anyone knows what this kind of door stopper is called, please? Our patio door used to have 2 of them, but one has disappeared and the other was in the process of disintegrating - a process I accelerated in order to get it off.

Searching for "rubber door stopper" finds lots of similar things, with a rubber cylinder with a hole for a screw through the middle. But these ones look like they're a 1" stopper with a 3/4" section that fits inside a piece of plastic tube. It's probably not critical, but it would be nice to find something similar to replace it with, and I've been unable to think of search terms that find anything. Does anyone know if there's name for this sort of thing, or know of anywhere I might find one, please?

Thanks,
Wend

DSC_9157.jpg
DSC_9158.jpg

Never seen one exactly like that with the rubber bung and the tube but that type of stop is called a ‘cushion doorstop‘. Well they are in NZ where I’m from and I’d be surprised if it was different here. Could also put ’wall-mounted’ and/or ‘projection‘ in your searching.

Last edited:
Looks ugly. Why not try those spring like stoppers which look like the right length.

Try
Hi folks,

A bit DIY rather than woodworking, but I wonder if anyone knows what this kind of door stopper is called, please? Our patio door used to have 2 of them, but one has disappeared and the other was in the process of disintegrating - a process I accelerated in order to get it off.

Searching for "rubber door stopper" finds lots of similar things, with a rubber cylinder with a hole for a screw through the middle. But these ones look like they're a 1" stopper with a 3/4" section that fits inside a piece of plastic tube. It's probably not critical, but it would be nice to find something similar to replace it with, and I've been unable to think of search terms that find anything. Does anyone know if there's name for this sort of thing, or know of anywhere I might find one, please?

Thanks,
Wend

View attachment 137608View attachment 137609
More Handles they have loads called " Door Stops"

Back