What a finish.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazing stuff - according to the section detailing how he does it, he uses shellac to help prevent splitting as his finish.

matt

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

The guy is clearly a mentalist!!!!!!

As you say he says it's a shellec finish. I think that CA/BLO is a finish for small items like pens. Can you imagine how much CA you'd need for one of these beasty's!!!

My question is this: How big is his Microwave :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Quote from website:

"Over time, I adapted auto-body and other heavy-duty tools. I also adopted two time-tested solutions for cracking—lubricating the wood to slow drying and using shellac as the final finish. Combined with one high-tech innovation—microwave drying—I have greatly reduced spoilage."

Cheers,

Richard

here is a video link off his site shows his microwave(about 4 mins in), very interesting use of tools, can't think he could have done it with a bowl gouge

Just watched the video: http://www.youtube.com/chaskaherald and I stand by my earlier comment: I think he's a mentalist!! :lol:

I was disapointed not to see him turn in the video but an interesting 10mins all the same.

I think he may have the words Microwave and Kiln mixed up though :?: :!:

Richard

That man, he CRAZY! :shock: But I like him! :D Very passionate and skilful guy who is clearly very happy in his work. My admiration is his.

Back