Well I've had a cracking day!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had some guys building an extension for us in our last house, and when SWMBO was in, she duly supplied tea at regular intervals. One day it fell to me to do the honours, and I checked how many sugars etc before supplying. UNFORTUNATELY, we neither take sugar in drinks, and for some reason, kept the salt and the sugar in very similar containers.........
But after I'd replaced the salty tea, all was well.

Seems unusual but there are only 2 of us normally and we never stop for a tea break. We carry our own stuff and just drink loads of tea as we're working.

Only ever had one customer "charge" me for supplying tea and he was trying to be a clever clogs. Job was a conservarory costing £14k and he gave me a "joke" invoice for £100. Not sure if he was trying it on :?
I promptly gave him a micky mouse cheque printed off the computer and then a "joke" invoice for £250 for the usual extra "just while you're here" work. I itemised everything - soon wiped the smirk off his face :wink:

I'm very carefull who I work for. One of my mates had a sobering experience last month when a bathroom job worth more than £6000 was finished the guy (a Scottish financial adviser) said "ok, now let's negotiate the price". My mate was gobsmacked as the quote had been agreed 2 months earlier. Ended up giving him £200 off just to get paid but won't work for him again and has spread the word.
Some customers are b******* it seems. :shock:

Bob

Latest posts

Back