well it says any woodworking related topic

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treefella83

Established Member
Reaction score
spent a week on holiday down at my dads and ended up working most of the holiday on the saw mill.
if any one is interested here are some pics.

Picture009.jpg

these trunks are to be milled and used as the main supports for a discovery centre .

Picture014.jpg

we had a few problems at first as this machine in its current state is only used to cut planks and square posts.

Picture013.jpg

the posts needed to be 320mmx320mm and normally we would cut of small planks and have a square log to work with but most of the logs were a lot smaller than 320mm wide at one end or the rough log just does not lie flat or true .

Picture018.jpg

with a bit of maths and lots of small wedges we were able align the centre of the log at both ends with the bed of the saw mill .
it takes about 30 minutes to cut each log and they need 49 of these.
i had never worked with larch before and found that the saw dust was like handling fibre glass horrible stuff.

Wow-sounds like you had some fun! :lol:
Don't fancy calling down my way with the saw, do you? :wink:
Cheers
Philly :D

Treefella83 - very unwise to take a beast like that anywhere near Phillys place, 'specially just before the Big Bash, just think what affect it would have on the Slope and as for being a gloatworthy aquisition...... :roll: :roll: :lol: - Rob

Back