W12 Exhibition

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard@Axminster

Established Member
Reaction score
Good morning all,

Today, some of our guys are at the NEC putting together our stand for the W12 Exhibition. Having done this job many times over the years I can tell you that this is a long, hard job! It looks like chaos now but, by Sunday it will be immaculate!
W12 is the only exhibition for the Industrial Woodworking Industry held in the UK. Held bi-annually it is the only chance to see a massive range of equipment under one (blinking large) roof. But don’t be put off by the Industrial tag, there is much to see for the smaller business or even very keen amateur.

Open to the public from Sunday 7th until Wed 10th, it is free to attend. Full details can be found at http://www.w12exhibition.com
We will be pleased to see you here, we have two stands, one displaying our full range of the Axminster Industrial Series machinery, including the launch of two new panel saws, a twin drum sander and a compact edgebander. The other stand has a good selection of Griggio machinery from Italy.

So there is much to see, please come along, meet our staff, have a good look and see how serious we are about machines for your workshop.

Thanks, Richard.

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 3.JPG

photo 4.JPG

photo 5.JPG

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    152.7 KB · Views: 184
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    149.9 KB · Views: 184
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    151.7 KB · Views: 184
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    143.6 KB · Views: 184
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    147.6 KB · Views: 184
monday, booked my tickets. getting the coach as its the cheapest option, but also slowest, i cant bare the thought of spending 120 quid on train tickets

adidat

adidat":3o5d7fw8 said:
monday, booked my tickets. getting the coach as its the cheapest option, but also slowest, i cant bare the thought of spending 120 quid on train tickets

adidat

A,
I will talk to the Boss and if poss, go Monday, if you'd like to meet up.
I'll PM my mobile number
Greg

The Griggio stand taking shape!

Griggio stand.JPG

Griggio stand (1).JPG

Griggio stand (2).JPG

Griggio stand (3).JPG

Griggio stand (4).JPG

Attachments

• Griggio stand.JPG
    Griggio stand.JPG
    130 KB · Views: 149
  • Griggio stand (1).JPG
    Griggio stand (1).JPG
    122.8 KB · Views: 149
  • Axminster (2).JPG
    Axminster (2).JPG
    149.9 KB · Views: 148
  • Griggio stand (2).JPG
    Griggio stand (2).JPG
    121.6 KB · Views: 149
  • Griggio stand (3).JPG
    Griggio stand (3).JPG
    120.6 KB · Views: 149
  • Griggio stand (4).JPG
    Griggio stand (4).JPG
    122.2 KB · Views: 149
I went there last year or the year before, one of the two. Its not all about large machines and deep pockets, there are thing there for non pro's to buy and tools small enough carry around.

Ill not be going this year though, have fun.

Went Sunday for the first time and it was an impressive show. Some very large machines and many of them actually set up to work - quite an undertaking including setting up the dx etc. Disappointing that there weren't any of the big component suppliers - Hafele, Wurth, HPP etc. represented and disappointing too that although Festool had a big stand with a number of demonstrators that they weren't doing it in collaboration with a retailer (Axminster?) so if you wanted to buy you were told to look at the website. even prices were vague. I think Festool missed a trick there and others too perhaps as some suppliers were offering special offers on tools that you could take away e.g. Wegoma Edgebanders from Astwood Machinery (I think) was one.

I also went Sunday & was very impressed with the amount of exhibitors, there seemed to be double that of W10, 2 years ago.

Had a good chat to the guys at AMS, just need to creat a little more space to fit in one of their thicknessers

Got to have a good look at the new Festool jigsaw, most impressive & with its blade ejector I`m possibly not the bloke to stand next to when I`m trying out this feature :oops:

All in all an excellent show, enhanced my meeting & catching up with old friends, looking forward to W14 already :D

Cheers.

Back