Sheffield Tool Event @ Kelham Island Museum

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thomasflinn

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello All,
I am putting together a Sheffield Tool Event where you can come and see/buy Sheffield made tools! This is to be held at the Kelham Island Museum which is our industrial heritage museum here in Sheffield. The museum is also home to the Hawley Tool Collection and I am running this event on Sunday 11th September 2016 (11am-4pm) to coincide with a heritage weekend they are running and the behind the scenes Hawley Collection tours. (You can book this tour separately and is a first come first serve basis with limited numbers).

The event aims to celebrate Sheffield tool making and gives you all an opportunity to come and buy Sheffield made product in one place and come and see our industrial history that made our nation one of the biggest providers of steel in the world.

I've created a facebook event so please feel free to check this out, like and share the invite and also register your interest in this:
https://www.facebook.com/events/977047639076143/

Currently I have the following companies involved in this as well as our own products:
Our wide range of saw brands including, PAX, Lynx and Dorchester
Clifton Planes
Footprint Tools
Joseph Marples
Robert Sorby/Turners Retreat
Ernest Wright Scissors

There are some more to be confirmed.

The museum is a great place and really worth supporting as it truly represents how great our nation is.
Raffle prizes - with all funds raised going to the Hawley Collection (a volunteer led organisation).

There is a café and other great food places nearby. Also on the CAMRA pub trail so a really worth while day trip.

This is my first attempt at this event so all support is appreciated so that I can grow this event year on year :)

Any pre-orders and products you have a particular interest in, please let me know before hand and we can arrange this.

Thanks,
Katie

If you are interested in the behind the scenes tour of the Hawley, please let me know. It's a small tour and limited numbers which they normally release in July. If the numbers are larger than usual they can consider doing more tours. It is limited and a first come first serve basis. I want to ensure people are accommodated. There will be extra volunteers running talks/tours in the main Hawley Collection. Please message me through here or our company website and I can pass you on to the contact you need.

Katie,

You are not getting much feedback to this which is a shame, because its a great idea.
I'm sure on the day you will be packed out

Pity I can't get as I'm in Iceland that weekend, otherwise I'd definitiely be there.

Come on folks give her some encouragement.

Ha thanks!

I am very disappointed in the lack of feedback but I guess it's better than being abused on here :lol: :lol:

I'm not one for buying new tools but for those that are, this must be the largest concentration of current british tool manufacturers at the same event.

People who moan about the demise UK manufactured hand tools need to put their money where their mouth is.

Well said Lurker!

It really is. I only don't have Crown Hand Tools too attending due to a clash with another event.

Unfortunately won't be able to make it but I hope some kind soul posts pictures so I can see what I missed.

It all sounds wonderful. I would love to attend, but I am sorry to say a trip to England just for this event is unlikely. The next time I find myself in the UK I do know where to spend a day off though! Thanks you for the information.

Updates on attendance:
Robert Pooley Swords
Atkinson Walker Circular Saws

Hoping to pull in Sheffield Collectable Knives too....

Bargains to be had at this event and taking pre-orders and post orders too on the day.

Don't forget - Sheffield Tool Event is this Sunday. A chance to showcase some fine UK tools and also maybe pick up some bargains....................................

Back