volvo articulated truck

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greggy

Established Member
Reaction score
hiya guys, here is an articulated truck i have been working on the last couple of months. its made of offcuts and scrap. the wheels turn and the doors open on wooden hinges. its 28" long 61/2" high and 51/2" wide all comments good or bad are welcomed. thanks.
14112009443.jpg

14112009442.jpg

14112009441.jpg

14112009440.jpg

hog&bodge":p82lxmv6 said:
Looks cool to me..
Seems like a good pastime and a great gift for the kids..
Nice work greggy

you are having a laugh :D :D

for the kids

I wouldn't let any kid come close. not even look at at becasue you know looks can break it

Mcluma":t5jxahyv said:
hog&bodge":t5jxahyv said:
Looks cool to me..
Seems like a good pastime and a great gift for the kids..
Nice work greggy

you are having a laugh :D :D

for the kids

I wouldn't let any kid come close. not even look at at becasue you know looks can break it

What a spoil sport..You have to let them have a play..
Well perhaps not come to think of how destructive my nephew is...lol
he only has to enter a room and things get broke...little angle..lol

That's lovely Greggy. Very skilful work. I'd love to do something like this. Tho it'd be a Concrete Truck as my Dad owned a fleet of them in the 80's.

Proper mate :lol:

even has a sleeper cab

Quality :p

I know as I drive a LORRY for a living :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

And its a Volvo :wink:

thanks guys for the nice compliments. the volvo wording is burnt on,
blister, its got two bunks :lol: :lol: all thats got to be done is put in the windows and headlights, i am also thinking about painting it up. but i think it may spoil it. what do you rekon

have you got a shot of how the wooden hinges are done? I can't picture it.

Greggy, lovely truck and I like the hinge detail. I wouldn't paint it as it detracts from the quality of the wooden construction, I prefer to "colour" my models by using different woods to create the illusion of different materials. Having said that I do spray parts like exhaust pipes for added effect. Did you make it from a plan?

Shultzy":2xlrbs8m said:
Did you make it from a plan?

no plans just a couple of photos. its based on the trucks we used to drive untill the company went bust 3 weeks ago. i am now redundant as from last wed. so now i am enjoying life and spending more time in the workshop. :lol: :lol: :lol:

thanks for the kind words guys, the trailer doors open,,, but i forgot to put the handles on. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Back