Vinyl records

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DomValente

Established Member
Reaction score
My wife has inherited a box of vinyls ( for the younger readers, these are like CD's but LOADS bigger and with LOADS less music on them) anyway she wants to sell them, I know there are sites on the internet, but does anyone know of a reliable purchaser.
Thanks

Dom

Genre might help Dom

I own around 600 Vinyl records, but I doubt your collection and my collection would be of similar tempo :lol:

for the younger readers, these are like CD's but LOADS bigger and with LOADS less music on them
:lol: :lol:
I have loads of old vynls including full sets and went on ebay out of curiosity to see how much they are worth and was very dissapointed to say the least even limited editions were worthless :?

"Record Collector" a monthly magagazine, it not only lists records for sale but buyers too. It may give you some insight to the value of your vinyls.

I bought a Chris Rea single for 50p and sold it for £125 :)
When I lived in Brize Norton the chap who serviced our boiler bought a single of "Earth Angle" by a group called the Penguins for 25p at a boot sale he sold it to the "Record Collector" magazine for £850 back in 1998 it's now worth over £2000 :roll: so don't listen to people who say it's worthless do some research before selling.

I went back on ebay to have another look last night and was surprised to say the least that one of the LP'S (a small faces album) that was fetching £5 was up for sale at a starting bid of £50 with 1 bidder and another copy had reached £35 within 7 days left, so i take it all back :)

Worth researching, you may be surprised.
Common things like Beatles white album can be worth £500 in good nick and early print. I sold a scruffy one for £60 recently, and a similar Pink Floyd for same. Depends on print numbers to be found stamped in the vinyl around the label.

cheers
Jacob

WiZeR":1ha0sh34 said:
Genre might help Dom

I own around 600 Vinyl records, but I doubt your collection and my collection would be of similar tempo :lol:

It just so happens that my kids say, I'm so hip it's frightening :lol:

Thanks for the assist gents, looks like some research is in order, as some of these records seem older than gramophone players.

Dom

I have a Paul McCartney album called something I can't read, but it's something like "Back to the USSR". A sort of play on Back in the USSR, IIRC. Anyway it was only ever published in the USSR. Apparently he wanted the people to have something that westerners couldn't get.

I worked in Leningrad for several months during the first half of August 1989 (I think) and the people I worked with gave it to me.

Last time I looked it wasn't worth anywhere near as much as I'd hoped.

Nastravia
Steve, packing.

Steve Maskery":8t1lg4r4 said:
I have a Paul McCartney album called something I can't read, but it's something like "Back to the USSR". A sort of play on Back in the USSR, IIRC. Anyway it was only ever published in the USSR. Apparently he wanted the people to have something that westerners couldn't get...
Possibly because it was eventually released. I cannot remember when I got my copy here in the US, but it was a while back.

I have, er, a few pieces of vinyl. With few exceptions they are not worth a lot. But then again, I actually listen to them still so it really doesn't matter to me.

Take care, Mike

Latest posts

Back